Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would PRIME B-Hop fare against Sugar Ray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins could win.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Doesn't come to fight? Watch and learn old man. You are becoming stagnant in old age and close minded. Hopkins has an excellent chance of beating Ray Robinson at 160. I'd have him as favourite. He's 6'2" and really a natural LHW. Ray couldn't hurt him and Rays defensive liabilities would and smaller frame would be a real struggle against someone of Hopkins' size and skill.
      http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbJ8kgLW7Q
      Hopkins is 6'1 and SRR 6'0. More important a past prime Robinson knocked out Fullmer with one clean left hook but he couldn't hurt Hopkins? You're really trying to sell that? Really?

Mercado and Pascal could hurt him. Pascal has never even dropped a half decent SMW or LHW besides Hopkins. I do view Hopkins chin as questionable and its one of the reasons he fought in such a negative manner.

SRR, Holman Williams, Charlie Burley all beat Hopkins but considering the era and weigh ins what people should be asking is how he would do against guys like Lloyd Marshall, Archie Moore or Ezzard Charles.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      hopkins is one of the hardest fighters to finish in the history of boxing. he would lose to SRR for sure but to say it would be within 6 rounds is a stretch considering both their styles and the diffrence in size. i think hopkins goes the distance with SRR and loses a wide decision.
      Because he went up against such monsters as Mercado, Echols and Allen. In their first fight Allen was winning and looked to have stunned him before Bernard flung himself out the ring in typical Hopkins fashion, hard to finish a guy who is as "old school" as that. Lulz

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko
        Quote: Originally Posted by BennyST Doesn't come to fight? Watch and learn old man. You are becoming stagnant in old age and close minded. Hopkins has an excellent chance of beating Ray Robinson at 160. I'd have him as favourite. He's 6'2" and really a natural LHW. Ray couldn't hurt him and Rays defensive liabilities would and smaller frame would be a real struggle against someone of Hopkins' size and skill. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbJ8kgLW7Q Hopkins is 6'1 and SRR 6'0. More important a past prime Robinson knocked out Fullmer with one clean left hook but he couldn't hurt Hopkins? You're really trying to sell that? Really? Mercado and Pascal could hurt him. Pascal has never even dropped a half decent SMW or LHW besides Hopkins. I do view Hopkins chin as questionable and its one of the reasons he fought in such a negative manner. SRR, Holman Williams, Charlie Burley all beat Hopkins but considering the era and weigh ins what people should be asking is how he would do against guys like Lloyd Marshall, Archie Moore or Ezzard Charles. Quote: Originally Posted by #1Assassin hopkins is one of the hardest fighters to finish in the history of boxing. he would lose to SRR for sure but to say it would be within 6 rounds is a stretch considering both their styles and the diffrence in size. i think hopkins goes the distance with SRR and loses a wide decision. Because he went up against such monsters as Mercado, Echols and Allen. In their first fight Allen was winning and looked to have stunned him before Bernard flung himself out the ring in typical Hopkins fashion, hard to finish a guy who is as "old school" as that. Lulz
        You do realize Hopkins was nearly 50 when he fought Pascal don't you ? We're talking about prime Hopkins . To say Hopkins has a "questionable chin" this far into his career is pretty funny as well as ignorant. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Last edited by joseph5620; 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          You do realize Hopkins was nearly 50 when he fought Pascal don't you ? We're talking about prime Hopkins . To say Hopkins has a "questionable chin" this far into his career is pretty funny as well as ignorant. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Assuming that a fighters chin turns into paper past a certain age is even funnier. Oh yeah and against Mercado it was the high altitude Lulz. Everyone knows Foreman and Holmes chins were garbage as old men, oh wait..

Regarding his age Hopkins in the Orneales and Jones II fights (one of the most disgraceful performances inside a ring iv ever seen) is Hopkins pre-PEDS. Pascal fights is what some HGH and PEDS can do for a old man.

Comment

I think this discussion would be a lot better if everyone just ignored Ray Corso.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Assuming that a fighters chin turns into paper past a certain age is even funnier. Oh yeah and against Mercado it was the high altitude Lulz. Everyone knows Foreman and Holmes chins were garbage as old men, oh wait..

Regarding his age Hopkins in the Orneales and Jones II fights (one of the most disgraceful performances inside a ring iv ever seen) is Hopkins pre-PEDS. Pascal fights is what some HGH and PEDS can do for a old man.

So Hopkins chin is paper now LOL? Yeah that is pretty funny. And anybody who thinks punch resistance or balance stays the same for older fighters can't be taken seriously. I assume you know quite a bit about PEDS since most of your past and current favorites have probably used them. Including those two heavyweights you love so much. Actually,one of them was caught using lol.

Based on your comments I assume you think prime Holmes would have been stopped in three rounds by Tyson. Or prime Holyfield would have been dropped hard by Ruiz and stopped by a fat James Toney. Oh wait....

The main point is Hopkins wasn't in his prime for either fight with Pascal. Trying to make a case for that only makes you look silly.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

So Hopkins chin is paper now LOL? Yeah that is pretty funny. And anybody who thinks punch resistance or balance stays the same for older fighters can't be taken seriously. I assume you know quite a bit about PEDS since most of your past and current favorites have probably used them. Including those two heavyweights you love so much. Actually,one of them was caught using lol.

Based on your comments I assume you think prime Holmes would have been stopped in three rounds by Tyson. Or prime Holyfield would have been dropped hard by Ruiz and stopped by a fat James Toney. Oh wait....
                Thats what you were claiming due to his age

Your PED comments are funny, two of the fighters you mentioned in your examples with Toney and Holyfield are both drug cheats. Care to refresh my memory as to what Nationality and Race of fighters have been getting busted left and right the last several years and need their own Golden Boy promotional company with a doping agency in their pocket that informs the promoter rather than the atheltic commision to help conceal positive tests?

As for your examples everyone knows Hopkins had a career filled with wars like Holyfield did...oh wait... hell Holmes was a blood and guts fighter in comparison to Hopkins.

Comment

Your welcomed Ken Dumb, as I will ignore you from now on HA!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Thats what you were claiming due to his age

Your PED comments are funny, two of the fighters you mentioned in your examples with Toney and Holyfield are both drug cheats. Care to refresh my memory as to what Nationality and Race of fighters have been getting busted left and right the last several years and need their own Golden Boy promotional company with a doping agency in their pocket that informs the promoter rather than the atheltic commision to help conceal positive tests?

As for your examples everyone knows Hopkins had a career filled with wars like Holyfield did...oh wait... hell Holmes was a blood and guts fighter in comparison to Hopkins.
                    I'm not a fan of any of those fighters so I don't care about naming them. The fighter in question was Hopkins. Not Toney or Holyfield. Unless you know something everybody else doesn't, Hopkins has never been caught cheating.

The funny thing is you idolize a fighter who was caught cheating without ever mentioning it. And yeah, the reason you don't mention it is based on nationality and race.

No, Hopkins punch resistance, balance, legs are not the same as they were 10-15 years ago. Lucky for Hopkins, Jones, Trinidad, and Tarver were powder puff punchers lol.
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of any of those fighters so I don't care about naming them. The fighter in question was Hopkins. Not Toney or Holyfield. Unless you know something everybody else doesn't, Hopkins has never been caught cheating.

The funny thing is you idolize a fighter who was caught cheating without ever mentioning it. And yeah, the reason you don't mention it is based on nationality and race.
                      Vitali tested positive for a banned substance while taking medication given to him when he was recovering from a knee injury as an amateur. During his entire professional Kickboxing and Boxing careers he has never tested positive. I just mentioned it, feel better?

Comment

Working...
                      X