Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better skill set Adrien Broner or Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Broner and think he's got a promising future, but there's no comparison at this point in time. Donaire is a proven elite P4P fighter. He's faced all manner of top level opponent over the last number of years, beating them all, and he rules arguably the best division in the sport with an iron fist. He's had the skill to answer all the questions the top guys have asked of him so far.

Comment

Broner for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
        but voted Nonito because he's used his skill set vs top quality opponents. broners barely fought anyone of significance.

dont you talk about a tweaked out Eloy Perez like that

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Nonito has looked more dominant but Broner looks like he might be an ATG if he continues to evolve like he has.
          Wow. The guy 5 fights removed from arguably losing to Ponce De Leon - a murders row run of Perez, Rodridguez, Escobedo, Litzau - looks like an ATG?

I feel like I'm losing my mind here.

DeMarco was a very decent win and an excellent performance.

But c'mon people.

Nonita has destoryed P4Pers (at the time) of Darchinyan and Montiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            Wow. The guy 5 fights removed from arguably losing to Ponce De Leon - a murders row run of Perez, Rodridguez, Escobedo, Litzau - looks like an ATG?
            Flomoism has spread to Broner. As such, any criticism is to be re-categorized as 'hate'.
            Last edited by Dr Rumack; 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Nonito...........

Comment

Let's wait until Broner cracks the P4P list before we start talking skill sets. Nonito has to take this.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                  but voted Nonito because he's used his skill set vs top quality opponents. broners barely fought anyone of significance.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

There it is. The only logical answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    *****ism has spread to Broner. As such, any criticism is to be re-categorized as 'hate'.
                    No but really, is it me or is it getting out of hand?

I really dislike Broner as a person (obnoxious wannabe with a pitiful line in lame jokes) and as a fighter (a style lifted straight from another fighter, it almost looks like a parody) - and DeMarco was the first time I was actually impressed with him.

Am I letting my dislike for him cloud my judgement of him as a fighter?

This is not the first time I've heard people say he has ATG potential.

ATG potential.

I think Gary Russell Jr is a dazzling prospect but I would never say he has ATG potential.

Andre Ward is the best fighter in boxing right now, but even then, I wouldn't say he's gonna be an ATG.

I mean, that's a huge thing to say.

Am I missing something with Broner?

More skilled than Nonito?

Have people forgetting Donaire humiliating a prime Darchinyan? Destroying Montiel?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                      Nonito. I am not sold on broner's long range yet. He good close.. And decent mid range.

Nonito has the more comprehensive skillset imo. Just because Broner uses a shoulder roll that doesn't automatically make him as technically sound as Mayweather.
                      exactly. on point

Comment

Working...
                      X