Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr & Max Kellerman Debate On Canelo vs GGG Catchweight Impasse! (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr & Max Kellerman Debate On Canelo vs GGG Catchweight Impasse! (VIDEO)

Living legend, Roy Jones Jr, debates his HBO sidekick Max Kellerman, behind the scenes, about Canelo's preference to fight GGG at a catchweight for the middleweight title.

Roy is firmly against the catchweight, believing that the fight should only be fought at the 160 lb limit for the middleweight title.

Max is OK with the catchweight, believing that if Canelo can get away with making GGG come down in weight, he should do it.

Are you rolling with Roy on this one, or kicking it with Kellerman?

Roy Jones Jr - "no catchweight for Canelo vs GGG"
    87.80%
    Max Kellerman - "catchweight OK for Canelo vs GGG"
    12.20%
    Last edited by FlatLine; 12-06-2015, 08:58 AM.

Well said Roy jones! I will paraphrase, **** or get off the pot. Don't limit a guy to a weight division that is a fiction. Keep to the rules, catch weights are for cherry picking fairies! Punk axx mofo's!!!
    Last edited by Zaroku; 12-06-2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Comment

Rolling with Jones on this. If you fighting for the title at that weight class then there shouldn't be no catch weights involved. This is why I sided with RJJ with the B-Hop 60/40 situation. Basically Hopkins wanted a 50-50 split and catch weight, with all Jones' 175 titles on the line. If you want the titles move up. Jones did that.

Comment

Decent, they both had their points. I'm in the Jones camp on this one for sure though.

Comment

I agree with Roy, but I thought Max had a valid point too. Max is reflecting on the current era and how it operates, while Jones is reminiscing about how it should be. There should be no "catch-weights," challengers should meet the champion at his weight period.

Comment

I'm with Kellerman on this. Roy's whole angle seemed to be he was a badass who fought people at their weight.

These are public fight talks basically with this catchweight stuff & this era is about powerful promoters & putting asses in seats or getting PPV buys fighters. Canelo gots the edge in both of those arenas. Its silly for him not to use those outside the ring advantages in an era where people are using them & he's had those same things used against him.

Plus the reality is if you win or lose no one gives a f#ck about the weight, ring size or gloves that were worn except the fanboys. If Fury woulda fought in that bouncy castle ring in Germany last week & got KTFO no one would be talking about that ring in 6 months, they'd just be talking about Fury getting KTFO.

Comment

Deontay stole someone elses video I know that is an old video.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Deontay stole someone elses video I know that is an old video.
                  Yeah i remember seeing it somewhere else also, i think it was a ''fight hub' video on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    Yeah i remember seeing it somewhere else also, i think it was a ''fight hub' video on youtube.
                    Pretty much sums up Deontay and his boxing channel.

Comment

Working...
                    X