Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse: Floyd Mayweather was promised to me and taken away!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    So your issue is Floyd fights guys that win tough fights yet didn't fight Matthysse after he lost to Danny.

I noticed you forgot the people you listed were champions, something Lucas has never been.
    If you read the last statement, you know it wasn't an issue with Floyd but with people pretending like a Lucas fight couldn't be rationalized compared to the other opponents. And wtf does them ever having been champions have to do with when he fought them? Should I state random facts in posts now?

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
      It's not like Floyd hasn't fought anybody coming off losses.
      when was the last time he fought someone coming off a loss besides the maidana rematch

Comment

Haymon got Lucas the fight that he wanted and he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
          If you read the last statement, you know it wasn't an issue with Floyd but with people pretending like a Lucas fight couldn't be rationalized compared to the other opponents. And wtf does them ever having been champions have to do with when he fought them? Should I state random facts in posts now?
          I think when you get outboxed by Danny, its hard to seell the general public on the idea you will beat Floyd. In the case of the other men except Ghost who was the mandatory, them winning tough fights makes it easier to sell.

Comment

I think when you get outboxed by Danny, its hard to seell the general public on the idea you will beat Floyd. In the case of the other men except Ghost who was the mandatory, them winning tough fights makes it easier to sell.
            Until Marquez 4 (or even 3), there was only one guy at welterweight a lot of the public believed could beat Floyd and yet they bought into other fights before and after.

I don't believe a well-fought decision loss to Garcia is so bad to overshadow his recent dominant run over Soto, Olusegun, Peterson and even should've-been-wins over Alexander and Zab...but in any case, we're arguing hypothetically. As it is, Lucas went on to fight Provodnikov and now Postol, while Danny had to blame his weight for Herrera and Peterson and then still looked like **** versus Paulie.

Comment

Until Marquez 4 (or even 3), there was only one guy at welterweight a lot of the public believed could beat Floyd and yet they bought into other fights before and after.

I don't believe a well-fought decision loss to Garcia is so bad to overshadow his recent dominant run over Soto, Olusegun, Peterson and even should've-been-wins over Alexander and Zab...but in any case, we're arguing hypothetically. As it is, Lucas went on to fight Provodnikov and now Postol, while Danny had to blame his weight for Herrera and Peterson and then still looked like **** versus Paulie.
              But they won their biggest fight, where Lucas lost his, that is the difference you are overlooking. He was the favorite and got beat, that is not how you get big fights unless you are promoted by Arum.

Had Lucas beat Danny then he surely would have got a Floyd fight. His losing made everyone go in a different direction.

Comment

Danny whooped his overrated a$$ and he couldn't even beat a past prime Judah. I just watched the Judah fight and people who are claiming robbery are dumb af.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  danny garcia's counterpunching was too much for lucas. WTF is he going to do with floyd mayweather, one of the most educated punchers i've ever seen with the left hook and lead right hand?
                  Triangle theories don't work. Matthysse was winning 4-2 after the first 6 then his right eye closed. How can you compete when you can't see the guy's best punch (left hook), even then Matthysse won 2 of the last 6 and the KD was the difference. Without the KD, Lucas wins on two of the cards 114-113.

Matthysse's been chasing the rematch like a mad man and Garcia wants no part of it, he was pissing blood and deaf for two weeks. Lucas fought with the wrong game plan and was too power hungry, neglected the jab and looked for one big shot. Matthysse wins a rematch, Garcia has looked bad lately an Matthysse has gone up. Also Garcia had the performance of his life that night, great game plan and cliched everytime to avoid exchanges and also didn't throw a single sloppy hook.
                  Last edited by SalimShady1212; 08-07-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

But they won their biggest fight, where Lucas lost his, that is the difference you are overlooking. He was the favorite and got beat, that is not how you get big fights unless you are promoted by Arum.

Had Lucas beat Danny then he surely would have got a Floyd fight. His losing made everyone go in a different direction.
                    the difference is, you're impressed with those wins, where I, on the other hand, thought little of Guerrero's victory over Berto, or Canleo's over Mosley and Trout, or Cotto's over Margarito and so on and so forth. You're putting too much value on the W, as opposed to all the other factors...so we agree to disagree. It's like I said in the opening post, Lucas coming off a loss>Ortiz/Guerrero at any point.

Comment

Matthysse coming off a loss > Guerrero/Ortiz at any point.

This sorta **** is always correct "in theory" by certain types of Mayweather (anti)fans, but the reality is everyone Mayweather fought without fail sucked or lost for some other reason then being 2nd to Mayweather by Sunday morning in the minds of these same fans & Matthysse would have to.

Comment

Working...
                      X