No announcement yet.

Mares would demolish Leo Santa Cruz in a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Mares fans, so this is the only way Mares can get a significant win now? By having an unproven guy move up in weight?

I kind of agree, I don't think Mares is having success with guys at his own weight like Walters, Gonzalez (took his soul already), Loma or even Donaire. He might scrape by with a win against Gradovich but that's about it honestly.
    An unproven 2 weight division world champ at that lol. Mares has more balls than Leo could dream of. Oh and by the way Leo himself said he was moving up to 126 shortly after one more defense at 122, so what are you saying? Mares has faced stronger competition, even his soft touches match Leo's "tough" title defenses lol.

At 126 Leo will get hammered out of the ring as well if not faster than Mares a lot sooner in his career.

Comment

Santa Cruz is overhyped/overrated.

Comment

I would favor Mares, but I am not sure enough to bet on it.

Comment

These guys are going to have a trilogy and burn their careers to the ground after 3 wars.

Then Haymon will have 2 new opponents for Gary Russell to finally get rid of the TBA moniker.

Comment

I favor Mares in this match-up. Mares has the experience and has beaten durable fighters. Santa Cruz on the other hand has fought nobody notable. Mare beats him inside of 12 imo.

Comment

Demolish? When exactly did Mares become this huge puncher? Either guy could win but Mares has had only two stoppages in his last 10 fights and LSC is at the level of at least a few of the guys Mares has been unable to stop, certainly better than Morel and Oquendo who Mares went the distance with and others as well. Either guy would win in a war but if anyone is stopping anyone, Mares would not be the one favored to do that.

Comment

i just wanna see mares fight again.. one of my favorites for years now.

Comment

It will be a good entretaining fight but.....that Chin though!

Comment

WAR LEO all the way!!! Hell of a fight. These are the matchups fans want... not that garbage boring Rirundeaux.

Comment

About time. Mares will beat the Cantinflas mustache off of Leo's mug.

Comment

Working...
                      X