Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wat are the highest % combos for orthodox and southpaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wat are the highest % combos for orthodox and southpaws?

So take a guess. I know its more complex ie it depends on the fighter and the situation. But as far as good combinations go what would you gess is highest % of most people most of the time?

Example answer

Orthodox

Jab, Straight right

Jab, Left hook

Jab, Cross, Jab

Southpaw

Jab, Jab, Straight Left

Straight Left, Right Hook

in fat and cholesterol I might say Mcdonalds BigMac Super Sized with ex-large fries and a strawberry shake.

Southpaw or orthodox........... Rockin'

Comment

up up down down left right left right b a select start

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I dont think there is any combo that has a highest percentage. It would depend on the fighter and the openings provided by his opponent. This can change from round to round, even minute to minute and of course from fighter to fighter..

I can land a 1,2,3 against a dude one round then the next round he catches on and counters it.

Some times certain fighters can be susceptible to certain punches, for example Amir Khan and the left hook. The key is to set the left hook up. Read what he does, predict when he will drop his left hand and where his head will be when he does it.

So its very situational.

This is one of the reasons boxing is called the sweet science. Its a thinking sport.

Its also why experience is huge in boxing. The more experience someone has, the more they have seen and the quicker they pick up on things.

Comment

Mathematically, there are certainly combinations that are landed as a southpaw more frequently than others. But to Beavis' point, this information alone will not help you. You have to understand how to apply, when to throw a certain combination and why.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
            up up down down left right left right b a select start

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            tried that just now. Lost my virtual belt.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
              Mathematically, there are certainly combinations that are landed as a southpaw more frequently than others. But to Beavis' point, this information alone will not help you. You have to understand how to apply, when to throw a certain combination and why.
              Yes this is exactly it, I want statistically the highest % combos for both orthodox and southpaws.

Dont worry about me using the correctly, thats another question altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Yes this is exactly it, I want statistically the highest % combos for both orthodox and southpaws.

Dont worry about me using the correctly, thats another question altogether.

I just searched it on Yahoo and this thread is the second option it found lol.

Didnt search past the first few pages and didnt find anything on it. So I cant really help with exact percentages

The best advice I can give you is read your opponent and figure out which punches he is susceptible to then set those punches up within your combos.

Also mix it up between the head and body good, this will definately increase your chances of landing.

Also, realize your strongest punch and set that up within your combos.
                Last edited by Beavis_5000; 02-05-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X