No announcement yet.

sillakh then dulorme..is rigo next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post
    Let c, Rigondeaux is a paper Champ because he won the belt from Ramos that won it from the japanese Champion, and Nonito won the vacant belt from Vazquez II that the first time he fought a semi-legit contender (Arce was supossed to be his first real test) loss by KO, I said semi-legit because we all know where Arce ranks now, then he fought the great and know Mathebula and after that Nishioka, a 36 years old retired fighter that was idle for over a year and came for the check, if those ppl deserve a fight with donaire, I'm sure that the #2 in the division should get that fight, ppl are saying that GR is not proven then why Nd is making up so many excuses? whatever you guys are saying they still have to fight, I'll root for GR but I don't know who will win, I prefer for Rigondeaux to have a couple of fights against the likes of Adbeko and Darchinyan that will give him more experience and more important, confidence, althought he thinks he is ready now, why Nonitos fans are against this fight is beyond me?
    can't wait for donaire vs rigo in 2013...i expect donaire to KO rigo within 8 rounds. fight will happen in 2013..i could easily **** on rigo's recent opposition too.
    Last edited by Bermuda; 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Let c, Rigondeaux is a paper Champ because he won the belt from Ramos that won it from the japanese Champion, and Nonito won the vacant belt from Vazquez II that the first time he fought a semi-legit contender (Arce was supossed to be his first real test) loss by KO, I said semi-legit because we all know where Arce ranks now, then he fought the great and know Mathebula and after that Nishioka, a 36 years old retired fighter that was idle for over a year and came for the check, if those ppl deserve a fight with donaire, I'm sure that the #2 in the division should get that fight, ppl are saying that GR is not proven then why Nd is making up so many excuses? whatever you guys are saying they still have to fight, I'll root for GR but I don't know who will win, I prefer for Rigondeaux to have a couple of fights against the likes of Adbeko and Darchinyan that will give him more experience and more important, confidence, althought he thinks he is ready now, why Nonitos fans are against this fight is beyond me?
      Interesting to hear you say this. I thought you were one of the guys that believes Rigo would kick Nonito's butt. I feel the same way; I'd like Guille to get a couple of fights in before a meeting with Donaire. Right now, I feel the fight is tough to call; but I lean towards Nonito. You make a great point about confidence. It's not like "El Chacal" is going to improve all that much within the next few months. Top athletes like Rigondeaux often win or lose in their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Interesting to hear you say this. I thought you were one of the guys that believes Rigo would kick Nonito's butt. I feel the same way; I'd like Guille to get a couple of fights in before a meeting with Donaire. Right now, I feel the fight is tough to call; but I lean towards Nonito. You make a great point about confidence. It's not like "El Chacal" is going to improve all that much within the next few months. Top athletes like Rigondeaux often win or lose in their heads.
        No, I think he will benefit with two more fights against good competition, when I had post that Rigondeaux will kick the crap out of nonitos is to respond to those posting $h1t, I know skill wise he is ready my concern is the mental part and that he will get it by facing some adversity, against marroquin he look really good after the hard shot, nonitos fans are dismissing him but I c good things in his pro career and that win will only look better on GR resume, what I c from those fans hating GR is envy and most of them are young that don't know about Cuban boxing and sport history in general, they think that we are only good in the amateurs, they don't know that the only hispanic world chess champ was Cuban, and that the first olympic gold was Cuban too, for over 50 years they only knew mexicans and portoricans with a few argentieans and colombians and now they have another country with a school they have never seen before...

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          thats what people said about ismael sillakh ..with the bold , ofcourse you cant , we've already seen him get caught. i agree it would'nt be easy but i dont think nonito would'nt hit him with atleast 2 good shots for the whole night if they fought...
          Bro..you are like the greatest rigo hater...yhat dude weighted 138 pounds the night of the fight. Rigo was 124, that dude had 15 kos out of 23, donaire have 1 of 3..he couldn't even ko wvjr who was koed in his last fight by old ass arce....I don't see what u see hater ..but belive me if rigo hold and didn't fall for those punches from marroquin I don't see how a donaire in normal weight can knock him out..you should be pinoy for sure cuz your reals intentions are cover out the nasty ducking that your boyfriend is doing

Comment

No, I think he will benefit with two more fights against good competition, when I had post that Rigondeaux will kick the crap out of nonitos is to respond to those posting $h1t, I know skill wise he is ready my concern is the mental part and that he will get it by facing some adversity, against marroquin he look really good after the hard shot, nonitos fans are dismissing him but I c good things in his pro career and that win will only look better on GR resume, what I c from those fans hating GR is envy and most of them are young that don't know about Cuban boxing and sport history in general, they think that we are only good in the amateurs, they don't know that the only hispanic world chess champ was Cuban, and that the first olympic gold was Cuban too, for over 50 years they only knew mexicans and portoricans with a few argentieans and colombians and now they have another country with a school they have never seen before...
            No doubt. There were some great Cuban professional boxers BC (before Castro). The communists robbed our people of who knows how much further achievement -- not just in sport, but in other fields as well. You can't expect people from other lands to recognize our history; most don't even know their own.

But I think the main reason why some people hate on Rigo is that they feel his hype is unmerited. They see skill, but not excitement in Guillermo. They can't understand why a guy with so few pro fights should be getting so much praise. That's okay. I believe "El Chacal" will convert many doubters in due time. Beyond that, there'll always be haters that will never acknowledge quality.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I'm not trying to play with words here, but I really don't agree that Rigo has been "hurt" in his professional career. I, myself, have expressed concern about Rigo's ability to take a good punch, based on the Cordoba jab and the Marroquin shots. Guille was obviously affected. However, I don't believe "hurt" is the proper description.
              He got hurt twice by Marroquin. H.U.R.T.

He also got dropped by a jab from Cordoba.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Marroquin is championship level?
              yes he is
              Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM. Reason: l

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                He got hurt twice by Marroquin. H.U.R.T.
                Then we agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                X