Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach as a trainer getting exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It hasn't been a good year for coach roach this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
      people are starting to see that roach sucks. afther how kahn looked last night roach is lost in the sauce. he had no idea of what the hell he was doing in thier. kahn acutally was more techicnally sound before roach turned him into a stupid version of pac.
      Maybe he's a bit overrated, but he's also not a miracle worker. Certainly Pacquiao and Khan can improve, but improvements only go so far. I guess in the end a trainer is only as good as his fighter because no matter what Roach does Manny's head is still going to be a target that's easily hit and Khan's chin and heart are always going to be a bit suspect.

How can Roach be judged against what can't be done?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
        pac still the same fighter of back then with little change and kahn is worst technically now then he was then. roach only teach one way he is not versital in styles and linaers proved that he turned him into a brawler which he isnt linaers is a counter puncher roach ruined him.any trainer that can teach the basics and give good coner advice would do wonders with kahn and pac to many to list pick one that not roach and they will improve these 3 fighters.
        I dont know how you can possibly say that Khan is somehow worse, offensively the guy is pretty damn good and is able to dominate the top boxers at his weight class. he just cant deal with pressure.

and Linares was always overhyped, I never understood why, he got stomped in the first round by Salgado or whatever his name was. sure, he failed against DeMarco too, but I dont think that has much to do with Roach, he just wasnt nearly as good as people made him out to be and ran out of gas.

and that 'same fighter of back then' was an excellent fighter. I hate when people make Pacquiao out to be some ****ty fighter at featherweight, when in reality he was excellent, and beat the stuffing out of a near prime Barrera. The flyweight Pacquiao and the featherweight Pacquiao are much different fighters however, and Roach picked up Pacquiao before his featherweight campaign. I think he was already training with him against Ledwaba, which was a very good upset win at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
          This must be a joke thread....

Pac fights like Freddie Roach taught him..... Roach teaches an excellent offensive style of fighting that sets a lot of offensive traps especially against counter-punchers.

Khan won by at least 3 rounds last night, he was technically superior to Lamont Peterson.

Khan's fighting ability increased tremendously under Roach, he was no elite fighter until he was trained by Roach.
          Who was Khan before he was trained by Roach? I ever heard of him before.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
            Who was Khan before he was trained by Roach? I ever heard of him before.

Comment

highly hated.. yes. highly over rated? no.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                ????Bradley is already a top p4p fighter....
                I said someone like Tim...

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                  I dont know how you can possibly say that Khan is somehow worse, offensively the guy is pretty damn good and is able to dominate the top boxers at his weight class. he just cant deal with pressure.

and Linares was always overhyped, I never understood why, he got stomped in the first round by Salgado or whatever his name was. sure, he failed against DeMarco too, but I dont think that has much to do with Roach, he just wasnt nearly as good as people made him out to be and ran out of gas.

and that 'same fighter of back then' was an excellent fighter. I hate when people make Pacquiao out to be some ****ty fighter at featherweight, when in reality he was excellent, and beat the stuffing out of a near prime Barrera. The flyweight Pacquiao and the featherweight Pacquiao are much different fighters however, and Roach picked up Pacquiao before his featherweight campaign. I think he was already training with him against Ledwaba, which was a very good upset win at the time.
                  I disagree with this part, especially since IMO Linares is technically a great boxer, and physically he's also very fast. I think that his defeat against DeMarco had a lot to do with Roach, since he's the guy who plans the strategy for his boxer.

Linares was clearly winning the fight and all that he had to do was move around, not even throw fast hard combinations, just move around the ring for the next rounds and he was going to win the fight. However I don't think he received the correct strategy from Roach and started to trade punches with DeMarco and that's when he got KOd.

Sure, Linares was tired, but he still had enough energy to move around the ring instead of trading shots with DeMarco (who was bigger and stronger) , so I think Roach could have done a lot more to help Linares.

Comment

Working...
                  X