Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Quillin admits he would have fought gg for three million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad Jacobs got rid of this guy. One of the very worst paper champions in recent memory. If he ever fights again it'll be against bums until someone needs a weak opponent for some talented prospect who will smack him around.

Comment

HBO should be run the way PBC is run

Just give Quillin his $3M, if HBO can't afford it that's their problem, they should do what Haymon did and just pay everyone big money, it worked so well and didn't result in him running out of cash, just look at all the great fights they have lined up

I figured with how badly PBC has done the groupies might finally be ready to accept reality. But no. They still think that if an event is worth $1M you should spend $4M on it. Hard to get through to anybody that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        It's not to suit Hbo, nobody else is paying them half as much. Might as well be asking for 300m. 99% of all boxers have never seen a 6 digit purse, nobody sheds a tear

That's the kind of attitude that's making TV networks sour on this fringe sport

That's their problem boohoo, with or without HBO sport would survive, it did when they were not here so i couldnt give a toss if they burnt down. If they want to talk so much shet about fighters, then they should back it up with their monies. I couldnt careless if they dont make a profit from a certain fight, they should risk their pockets as well just like the fighters are risking their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          So if it beyond their budget thats their problem not the fighters problem. They cant talk shet about boxers who get hit in the head for other entertainments and expect those same boxers to lower their demands to suit HBO.
          but the thing is this, the fight isn't big enough to guarantee that money. if it was, if it was a massive event that would make huge numbers like manny-floyd, then sure, get them the kind of money they are asking. it isn't like they can sell 3 million PPV units and still pay the fighters peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Translator View Post
            Glad Jacobs got rid of this guy. One of the very worst paper champions in recent memory. If he ever fights again it'll be against bums until someone needs a weak opponent for some talented prospect who will smack him around.
            NSB still overrates the hell out of him, too. His only good win came against N'Dam. He looked like crap and might have lost to Rosado if not for a bull**** stoppage. He looked like crap for years after N'Dam and never fought anyone very good until Jacobs, who obliterated him.

He represented everything wrong with boxing. Dead average, overpaid, overrated, and didn't want to fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              but the thing is this, the fight isn't big enough to guarantee that money. if it was, if it was a massive event that would make huge numbers like manny-floyd, then sure, get them the kind of money they are asking. it isn't like they can sell 3 million PPV units and still pay the fighters peanuts.
              I understand that, but thats where they should take the same risks that boxers take, they need to make a financial decision in that aspect too, I mean they are always criticising fighters for not taking those risks. So why not take one yourself, if they get those fights for GGG for example at a loss then they can make their monies back when his name gets bigger.

Comment

Quillin literally threw away his title and avoided an easy fight, all because Al said so. What happens next? He gets completely upstaged by Andy Lee of all people. Worst career advice ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I understand that, but thats where they should take the same risks that boxers take, they need to make a financial decision in that aspect too, I mean they are always criticising fighters for not taking those risks. So why not take one yourself, if they get those fights for GGG for example at a loss then they can make their monies back when his name gets bigger.
                  I dont think you get how it works. HBO has a yearly budget, and this would be a big part of it if it happened. Why would they clearly over pay for a fight that nobody else would pay half as much for? Its a private contractor, go somewhere else if you dont like the money HBO is putting up. Also with your model how are they going to make their money back when a fighter gets bigger?

Comment

Quillen would have been slipping n sliding all over that ring vs GGG lol.. just fight some bums get some more cash n ur pocket n retire. getting as far as u did with no armature career is nothing to be sad about, uve accomplished more than any of these crazy monsters on these comments ever have or will. Not many can do what uve done but I think its pretty much over, u got a taste of that money and got lazy... in ur position as a guy with not much background u should be in the gym daily not many breaks

Comment

Originally posted by The Translator View Post
                      HBO should be run the way PBC is run

Just give Quillin his $3M, if HBO can't afford it that's their problem, they should do what Haymon did and just pay everyone big money, it worked so well and didn't result in him running out of cash, just look at all the great fights they have lined up

I figured with how badly PBC has done the groupies might finally be ready to accept reality. But no. They still think that if an event is worth $1M you should spend $4M on it. Hard to get through to anybody that stupid.
                      of course, because then the fight will be 4x as good, right?? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X