Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching from orthodox to southpaw stance.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from orthodox to southpaw stance.

So long story short, I ****ed up a nerve around my middle knuckle in my left hand. Every time I train it swells up and its impossible to train the following day. I figure I can switch to southpaw because I actually dont feel uncomfortable moving around and shadowboxing as southpaw when I tried it. What are some thigns I need to look for and focus on to get the southpaw stance down and to be able to use it effectively?

you have to look for more lefts rights and uppercuts coming your way try and stay in a low crouch position ala marciano and throw wild bombs ala marciano and hope to land a couple of lucky ones ala marciano

Comment

I used to have knuckle problems... And then I started messing around different combinations of wraps and different gloves.

These gloves helped my knuckle problems 110%.

TITLE GelŪ Intense Bag Gloves

Exclusive Gel Enforced LiningŪ and multi-layered foam padding form an unbeatable combination of power, performance and protection. GELŪ lining delivers a winning layer of custom form fit and impact resistance for champion results. GELŪ infused tri-stacked cuff with 360 degree wraparound wrist strap with hook-and-loop closure provides extra support and security. Moisture wicking hand compartment liner helps deliver cool, dry and comfortable workouts. Crafted from select hides of full grain leather.

They are $89.99

Kind of pricey, but if you can afford it, they really really helped me...

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...ag-gloves.html

It was getting to the point where I couldnt even hit the bag either... the entire front part of the glove is a thick gel padding, and it made the world of difference for me.

Just an idea.

Comment

THanks for the tip, I might look into these. I just came back from training and going southpaw might not be my solution. I ate more right hands then I wanted to and my coach told me never to try that again. If the pain continues I will get the gel padded gloves for sure.

Comment

yeah, its hard to convert to southpaw. i also tried doing it but if it feels unnatural, it is. so just do what you usually do and change gloves.

Comment

Working...
          X