No announcement yet.

Tell me about MMA fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about MMA fans

Hello, everyone! I watch MMA, not as knowledgeable as probably most of you but I have a lagit question.

Why wouldn't they stop the Sanchez vs Kampman fight? Sanchez face was destroyed and even though he was hanging in there and might have won some of those rounds, why didn't they stop it and have the doctor check on him?

He could have had facial fractures, eye problems...all kinds of things. It just makes no sense to me. I see it all the time in MMA, where some guy has a gruesome cut and they just let the action continue.

It's the job of the commission and ref to protect the fighters, in this case they failed miserably. I don't mind blood, if the cut is in a place where it's not threatening but in the 3rd round when the other cut happened under or over (I couldn't even tell at that point) his other eye, why didn't they check him out?

MMA and boxing get enough criticism from the brain injuries and deaths that happen every year, they shouldn't allow **** like this to happen, it's bad for business.

Judging by the TUF premiere numbers, they really need to do something to get people watching... Stopping fights won't feed the blood hungry masses.

Comment

He got checked by a commission doctor between each round....

Comment

MMA draws a crowd that values the fight more than the sport. You can see it in the way the UFC used to be advertised and the way they push the drama more than the science. There's an undeniable level of bloodlust. The fans are typically less educated in the art and think that all fighters are Balboa-esque. That it's merely pain, not damage, and that late MMA stoppages are justified because once in a great while, someone turns it around. It's easy to sympathize with because we all want the benefit of the doubt, right? The sad thing is that the long-term effects are ignored, if not altogether swept under the rug. The UFC tells it's fans that it is much safer than boxing and this month Dana White told the media that the UFC is the "safest sport in the world"...

Comment

MMA and boxing are totally different.

the gloves are thicker in boxing so even the the cut aren't as bad you take more damage to the head and brain.

MMA is different because the damage is more external. The brain damage isn't as severe in MMA and the punishment like I said is more external with cuts since the gloves are smaller.

if you can defend yourself and keep bringing a fight they rightfully won't stop it unless the blood if pouring into your eye which is wasn't in Diego's case.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I am a bog fan not only of MMA but also of UFC. If I ever spawn forth a little MiddleEasy Monster named Jason Jr. you better believe he will be traneing - hard - from the moment he's out of the womb.

Comment

Training him in MMA from birth? Sounds good, be sure to let us know how the therapy sessions go with him.

Comment

Working...
              X