Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for you fools are here calling prizefighters cowards, *******,etc. get in the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Fighting for a living makes you a warrior...
    Period....you don't have to be a face first brawler to be a warrior...these dudes fight with injuries, personal problems, etc...most the fighters you talk about ain't accomplished half onward or best close to the amount of ranked guys he has, your point

No it doesn't. I understand why you think that but to be a warrior means a bit more than that. Fighting for a living makes you a professional fighter. Do you overcome adversity as a professional fighter? of course you do, so does a plumber, or a street sweeper. Warriorship is more than just fighting for glory.

A warrior is one who acts on one's own ethical compass no matter what. Warriorship implies overcoming great adversity, not just hypothetical adversity (a ring) and learning to be a guardian of truth, virtue and other living things. When one does these things they become a vessel for spiritual "goodness."

My own experience is almost 40 years as a martial artist, I fought often, teach often now....am I a warrior? I certainly try to be!! But don't kid yourself...trying to live up to the warrior creed is not the romantic fight against the bad guy most people think it is! It means.... Here are some examples of trying to be a "warrior."

Gaining weight because instead of training everyday you take care of your family. You eventually learn how to do both.

looking a little ragid at times because your wife and kids get clothes first, or having your kids yell "DAD!!" multiple times because you refuse to tolerate ignorance.

Telling the pretty lady behind the counter to slow down and get a supervisor (while a whole line of people roll their eyes) because an unattractive old hag looking lady obviously does not know how to take her medication....then spending your time and energy to make sure that lady knows how to use the medicine...why? because you saw the situation and are there.

Taking a five spot out and giving it away to someone who needs to eat, even when you have not yet eaten.

Grabbing and taking down a guy who is swinging on a woman....risking your own azz in so doing because you make sure you don't break up the guy.

Teaching Self Defense to a group of citizens and then patrolling with them, going into crack houses etc to make sure they can use the techniques correctly...even if you wouldn't choose to go to these places as a sane human being.

These are a few examples.... trying to live up to being a warrior does get exciting but in the situations above there is no glory in doing the right thing, only danger, derision and the judgement of others. Being there for your loved ones and knowing that your friends and family trust you and feel a little safer because you are there. Thats being a warrior.

Comment

The Customer Is Always rightSo as long as I pay or spend time to watch a prize fighter fight I can say wathever I please.
      If they have a problem with it stop being a prizefighter and o fight in amateurs or underground fighting.
      And thats why the forums are here anyways.Why are we supposed to talk about?

Comment

The disrespect on these forums is ridiculous....our greatest fighters Mayweather, Pacquiao , Marquez contenders, prospects alike get trashed by fools that never had a street fight let alone fought or sparred in the ring, I have a combat background....6 months tae kwon do , 2 years wrestling in high school, 2 years boxing countless street fights and id never disrespect any one with the balls to lace em up. You don't play boxing, it's a fight. Anyone with fight experience please chime in
        I've had plenty of street fights, that doesn't make you brave it makes you an idiot, it's nothing to be proud of moron.

Comment

The disrespect on these forums is ridiculous....our greatest fighters Mayweather, Pacquiao , Marquez contenders, prospects alike get trashed by fools that never had a street fight let alone fought or sparred in the ring, I have a combat background....6 months tae kwon do , 2 years wrestling in high school, 2 years boxing countless street fights and id never disrespect any one with the balls to lace em up. You don't play boxing, it's a fight. Anyone with fight experience please chime in
          true dat!

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I understand why you think that but to be a warrior means a bit more than that. Fighting for a living makes you a professional fighter. Do you overcome adversity as a professional fighter? of course you do, so does a plumber, or a street sweeper. Warriorship is more than just fighting for glory.
          WTF!!! A plumber gets a broken rib and he's off work and at home on the couche resting for a few weeks. A fighter fights on!

How can you even speak of yourself as a knowing practioner of any art of combat when you just compared the art of boxing to being a plumber or a street sweeper. By that statement I would generally believe that you don't know **** or don't respect our western art. It's one of the two.

Self defense is great, for the old ladies and timid men. If you want to learn to fight you get into boxing, if you only need to build self confidence than you get into some self defense stuff. Zelenoff was more ******ed than he'll ever be warrior, but to call professional fighters anything but warriors shows frickin' pure ignorance or utter denial............. Rockin'

Comment

We get it, boxers aren't cowards... So when a boxer ducks another boxer that he's not sure he can beat, that's not being a coward, that's another word nobody has figured out yet.

So if fighters that don't fight other fights they're not sure they can beat isn't called cowardice... What do u call those same fighters gleefully picking opponents they know they can beat? It can't be "bully", can it?

I hope u get all the green K you're fishing for nerd
            Last edited by JDezi4; 09-05-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

calling fighters coward = stupid

taking forum posts seriously = more stupid

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is a.............

Comment

There's coward prize fighters around, just ask Floyd.

Floyd: I'm a rich coward.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    Man go to bed...

The **** that some of yall do and say around here for attention. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                      I grew up in North Korea's Camp 22. In fact, I was born in the muhfuger, so I know what it like to do it tough. Sometimes I be tortured for 3 days straight and I'd still tell the prison guards to suck my dick.

They only let me out because they said "Truly, this man's will cannot broken". when i walked out the camp gates, I turned to dem foolz and said "damn right my will can't be broken. now i goin' to all yo mamas' house to nut in dey asses". they pretend they didn't hear and shut the gates. they saw the hardcore in my eyes.
                      Lmfao you are a character! Do you eat nails for breakfast and then **** raw vegetables?

Comment

Working...
                      X