Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should current judges be replaced by retired boxers??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should current judges be replaced by retired boxers??

Duane ford,Dave Moretti,c.j Ross,Glenn Trowbridge,jerry Roth,Glenn Feldman,
    Don Ackerman,Herb Santos and many more should retire from judging all of them have been judging for 20years or longer and I bet most of them have been paid under the table on more than 1 occasion.........should they get rid of these guys and bring in a heap of retired boxers to do the judging???

You've posted this 9+ times...

And no, they shouldn't. Most boxers scorecards are even worse.

Comment

Yeah and replace some commentators with boxers, makes it less annoying

Comment

Fu(ks me why this thread came up 4 times lol

Comment

Ironic but in the past boxers have not automatically been good officials. Several have worked as the third man and failed. I imagine if a boxer worked as hard at it as he did his boxing career he may be succesful. Jersey Joe Walcott's job in the Ali-Liston fight was a classic example of how the transition is usually not successful. Whether as a referee or a judge, pro experiance as a fighter does not seem to help.

Comment

Hell no. Most retired boxers are way more broke than the judges (who generally make their living in other professions). Throw a bunch of broke ass boxers next to the ring and watch the hilarious corruption ensue.

I would be ok with third-party trainers being judges. The potential for corruption is still there, but at least they have some integrity to worry about protecting.

Comment

Originally posted by statosteve View Post
              Duane ford,Dave Moretti,c.j Ross,Glenn Trowbridge,jerry Roth,Glenn Feldman,
              Don Ackerman,Herb Santos and many more should retire from judging all of them have been judging for 20years or longer and I bet most of them have been paid under the table on more than 1 occasion.........should they get rid of these guys and bring in a heap of retired boxers to do the judging???
              Corrupt Judges should be fed to the lions so that the sport can be cleaned up.

Comment

No. Have you seen some of Paulie Malignaggi's scorecards?

Comment

Working...
                X