Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye's Entrance will cost close to 1 Million UK Pounds!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the chick is actually hot, that payed half of $mil to hold 1 of the Wlad's belts. and good move by team Klits again, straight up charity $.

Comment

1 Million pounds is just plain stupid ... I like spectacular entrances, but this is way too much

Comment

Its costing them 1m for the whole SKY show, which includes all their commentators,staff,expenses etc. His entrance is included in that.

You must be ******ed to think that a phone booth + a black cab + CGI = 1m pounds

Comment

I can't believe people are complaining about this, are you guys forgetting boxing is suppose to be entertaining? It's not just the fight itself, it's the entire package, props to sky and the promoters for not going cheap on us.

Comment

Originally posted by pcpc View Post
            No way in Hell is this Guy losing/////////

DAVID HAYE will walk out to a London skyline here tonight, complete with red phone box and black cab.

Then he will look to underline his prediction it is an early taxi home for Wladimir Klitschko.

The creative people at Sky TV, who are estimated to have spent close to £1million in production costs in Hamburg, have mocked up the effect with German counterparts RTL.

A London skyline will be the backdrop to Haye's stroll to the ring and will include that red phone box and black cab.

Klitschko will walk in to a familiar sight of the skyline of Hamburg, his adopted home town, and TV people tell me it should take eight minutes for each fighter to reach the ropes.

Haye is expecting some kind of delaying tactics from Klitschko and insists he will not wait around in the ring for his opponent for too long.

Instead, he will go back to his dressing room - he might even see Klitschko on the way!

But hailing a cab for the giant from Ukraine will be a whole lot easier than knocking out a man who was relaxed but brooding at yesterday's weigh-in.

Once again, though, he did not bite when Haye threw him a four-letter tirade as they posed for pictures.

So how does Haye deal with an opponent who is taller than him, heavier than him, has a longer reach than him and has fought more than twice his number of bouts?

The simple answer is speed and precision. Yet it will be a real test to hit an impressively prepared Klitschko on the chin when his arms stretch out more than his 6ft 6in height, fingertip to fingertip.

Haye's movement is the key and the 15st 3lb at which he tipped the scales revealed he has gone for speed of foot ahead of raw, heavy power.

Against 7ft 3in, 23st Nikolay Valuev, Haye never needed to be a twinkle toes. He used his movement to winning effect, gaining a points win after he had picked off a ponderous opponent whose only direction was forward and back.

Klitschko will be more than two stone heavier than his English rival at 17st 5lb and does have enough movement to cause problems with a murderous right hand and decent speed. He is not as fast as Haye, though.

The Ukrainian has also been wobbled several times and knocked out by the likes of Corrie Sanders.

But he has learned from his three defeats and now keeps his chin tucked in and his shoulder rolled around for more protection.

A lot of kidology has gone on in the build-up and Haye's public work-out, watched by Klitschko, was carried out as a southpaw and not in his usual orthodox style.

This could have been more kidology, except that Klitschko has been decked by southpaws in the past and always has trouble coping with a 'wrong-un'.

Haye said: "I can box southpaw if I want to. I've trained as a southpaw and don't have any problem changing direction. It hasn't gone unnoticed that Wlad has been put down by fighters with that style."

It also has not gone unnoticed by experts that Klitschko's punch variety is limited and former world champion Lennox Lewis was quick to point out what is lacking.

Lewis said: "How many weapons does Wladimir have? He has a good jab, a right hand, a decent left hook. Have we seen his uppercut? Have we seen his right hook?

"Wladimir doesn't throw a lot of combinations, whereas Haye throws plenty of punches in bunches. And it doesn't need to be a heavy punch to take a fighter out. If it hits the right spot, someone is going over."

Haye has also predicted he will turn the heat up from the first bell.

Lewis added: "It is going to be very interesting to see how they both react. Is it going to be one of these fights where they both go out and nothing is done in the first round? David did that against Audley Harrison.

"They are both what I would call 'waiters'. They wait for the other person to make a move before they make theirs. Yet I feel it would be a mistake for Wladimir to wait. He is the champion with two belts and says he is the No 1 heavyweight out there. So he has to prove it.

"I think this fight will come down to which man connects first with the big punch - and David has the speed with which to do it. Even so, I think that Wladimir will do what he normally does, go defensive for the first few rounds until he manages to get his jab going.

"He's going to be spearing David with it and David isn't going to want to face his jab out there. If you look at it on paper, Wladimir is supposed to win. But my heart goes with David."

I think Haye will be making the call for that cab for Klitschko some time around the sixth round.
            when does ever throw punches their all singular punches

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Its costing them 1m for the whole SKY show, which includes all their commentators,staff,expenses etc. His entrance is included in that.

You must be ******ed to think that a phone booth + a black cab + CGI = 1m pounds
              This might be the most sane thing you have ever said Medved. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
                he's gonna have a cool exit too

on a stretcher
                That's the best line so far. These guys know nothing about either boxing or what goes on behind the scenes. Anyone who thinks that a Promotion Co would spend nearly a Million Pounds ($1.62Mill USD) on ANY fighter's "entrance" ?? should be in the nut-house. The entrance cost itself will be only a very small portion of the Million, which total is normal for the WHOLE PRODUCTION COSTS of a big production....Ad the damned article says.

If you would only stop using twisting headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post

As I just posted. Kol Hakovod!

Comment

Originally posted by pcpc View Post
                    Against 7ft 3in, 23st Nikolay Valuev, Haye never needed to be a twinkle toes. He used his movement to winning effect, gaining a points win after he had picked off a ponderous opponent whose only direction was forward and back.
                    lol, and people say Haye fans aren't in touch with reality, can't imagine why.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                      glad haye is enjoying his last moments of fame. on july 3rd he will be known as 'HAYE WHO?'
                      Or it could be "Who Hay" which I often used to hear in movies as being part of American Indian speech to the white man, when he rode into their encampment for a pow-wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X