Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could any current Welterweight go the distance with Sugar Ray Robinson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could any current Welterweight go the distance with Sugar Ray Robinson?

Out of every Welterweight today, could anyone last 12 or 15 rounds with Robinson without getting stopped?

Ummm are you serious? Robinson would loose to Mayweather and Pacquiao... the skill difference is quite drastic in those times and todays times... I can name alot of welterweights that would of beat Robinson from the 1980's on

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
      Ummm are you serious? Robinson would loose to Mayweather and Pacquiao... the skill difference is quite drastic in those times and todays times... I can name alot of welterweights that would of beat Robinson from the 1980's on
      WTF r you talking about. Go drink some milk and change your diapers.

Comment

maybe Leonard could last with him i honestly think very few could like clottey lmao,he'd just shell up.

but if it's a 15 rounder i don't any could hang with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
          Floyd would get KTFO. This isn't Jse Louis Castille we are talking about. SRR was faster than Floyd in hand and foot, was taller, and was a very big WW.

Comment

Mayweather could with his defensive ability but as a result he would have to forget about any chance of winning. Prime Mosley vs Robinson would be a great "firefight" which I don't see lasting the distance. Pacquiao too would engage Robinson.

Comment

Mayweather is the only one who would have a chance. Skill wise Robinson was outstanding especially from the waist up. His footwork could have been better but not up to the same level as upstairs.

Comment

the thing is were talking about a younger sugar ray an a older floyd, there is no way in hell this version of floyd hangs with a younger very active sugar ray.

Comment

I see Paul Williams making him quit

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
                    Mayweather is the only one who would have a chance. Skill wise Robinson was outstanding especially from the waist up. His footwork could have been better but not up to the same level as upstairs.
                    I think Robinson's footwork is outstanding, especially in the late 40's and early 50's. Not so much in the late 50's when he had lost his legs but he was always in position to punch with full leverage behind each punch.

What about Whitaker? Or do you think he's too small?
                    Whitaker could because after all he went the distance with Trinidad having suffered a broken jaw. He had the toughness and the defensive ability. Robinson's combination of greater size along with the speed, power and accuracy he possessed might end up being too much though.

Comment

Working...
                    X