Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know you guys are going to attack me!!! SSR GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can we attack rizo?

Comment

• Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
      skillwise, he isn't, although he was ahead of his time, i fell fighters like floyd mayweather jr, ali, pernell whitaker, and floyd paterson to name a few all had better skills than him, especially ali and mayweather jr. resume wise, he is the greatest ever imo, no doubt. he was a speciall fighter in his time and had a heart of a lion, no doubt. he fought everybody. skillwise, he wasn't the greatest but very good.
      Ali and Patterson most certainly did not have better skills than Robinson did.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
        Ali and Patterson most certainly did not have better skills than Robinson did.
        I got to agree, Robinson had great skills, he could throw combos while going back, had excellent footwork, and certainly knew how to box. IMO he is one fighter that had it all.

Comment

• I doubt most ppl have seen 40 of his fights but still jump on the "He's the greatest" bandwagon. Be your own man.

Comment

• Originally posted by i box oranges View Post
            he might - that's quite possible

i just think he reaped the benefits of being around in his era

dog, he beat henry armstrong. nuff said.

Comment

• i asked this same question and got bashed

Comment

• Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
                I doubt most ppl have seen 40 of his fights but still jump on the "He's the greatest" bandwagon. Be your own man.
                When people who know a hell of a lot more than me about the sport saying he is the greatest, and I have almost no experience seeing the guy, it would be pretty ignorant to annoint someone else as the greatest of all time without the complete information of the situation, wouldn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
                  I doubt most ppl have seen 40 of his fights but still jump on the "He's the greatest" bandwagon. Be your own man.
                  When 19 out of 20 boxing experts and writers consider him the GOAT, there is a reason for it. "Be your own man", thats just insulting, bro. If you have someone besides Robinson as your GOAT so be it. A good deal of those people are only in that group to argue or seem different, rather actually being educated and opinionated on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    When people who know a hell of a lot more than me about the sport saying he is the greatest, and I have almost no experience seeing the guy, it would be pretty ignorant to annoint someone else as the greatest of all time without the complete information of the situation, wouldn't it?
                    See the problem here is your perspective is an intelligent, curious and humble one. Average people like to just state an opinion and defend it to people more knowledgeable than themselves.

Comment

• his superb talent in the ring, his longevity, and his incredible resume

Comment

Working...
                      X