Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So howcome Pacquiao wanted a catchweight for Cotto .......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So howcome Pacquiao wanted a catchweight for Cotto .......

But he let De La Hoya and Clottey go to 147 .... and now Mayweather

Makes no sense? Is Pacquiao scared of 147 cotto???????????

c'mon avid pac fans

enlighten me ............ but no seriously

Comment

i feel like they new Oscar was gonna kill himself to make that weight so even though he'd weigh 147, he'd be a walking dead man.
      and with clottey i just think his confidence was so high after the Cotto fight that he knew he could stand in there with a real 147lber (especially since he doesnt hit like cotto)

They werent sure if Manny was a real Welterweight. after Cotto, they knew.

thats my opinion.

Comment

to answer ur question, yes they were scared/cautious of 147 cotto, only because that was pac's FIRST real WW fight, he wasnted tested above 130, since diaz, DLH and hatton didnt put up much of a fight. pac's camp had all the leverage, cotto made his biggest payday when pac agreed to fight him, so they want an advantage. again, because that was pac's first WW fight against probably the number 2 WW (who actually beat the #1 mosely) at the time.
        2 pounds is not too much to ask, especially when cotto came in at 146 his last fight.

cotto to this day is not saying ish about the 2 pounds, so u just need to stop whining about it for him.

regarding DLH, he's a ****ing middle weight! and team pac believed that going down to 147 (which was DLH's idea btw) enough of a compromise for both fighters.

this is so simple. unless ur just a pac hater, which u obviously are.

Comment

Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
          to answer ur question, yes they were scared/cautious of 147 cotto, only because that was pac's FIRST real WW fight, he wasnted tested above 130, since diaz, DLH and hatton didnt put up much of a fight. pac's camp had all the leverage, cotto made his biggest payday when pac agreed to fight him, so they want an advantage. again, because that was pac's first WW fight against probably the number 2 WW (who actually beat the #1 mosely) at the time.
          2 pounds is not too much to ask, especially when cotto came in at 146 his last fight.

cotto to this day is not saying ish about the 2 pounds, so u just need to stop whining about it for him.

regarding DLH, he's a ****ing middle weight! and team pac believed that going down to 147 (which was DLH's idea btw) enough of a compromise for both fighters.

this is so simple. unless ur just a pac hater, which u obviously are.
          i dont hate pac son. he is one of my favourite fighters

Comment

I think Cotto maybe mentally weak. Making the bout at 145 may have gave Pacquiao the edge in the metal game.

Off topic - I wanna see Margarito vs Cotto 154 2

Comment

pac's camp claimed manny could not make 147 himself and preliminary talks were actually about getting cotto down to 143-144 lbs

props to cotto for resisting to drop the weight until the actual deadline for the contracts

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                i feel like they new Oscar was gonna kill himself to make that weight so even though he'd weigh 147, he'd be a walking dead man.
                and with clottey i just think his confidence was so high after the Cotto fight that he knew he could stand in there with a real 147lber (especially since he doesnt hit like cotto)

They werent sure if Manny was a real Welterweight. after Cotto, they knew.

thats my opinion.
                i don't know about that. i doubt anyone knew oscar would look that bad. (he probably wouldn't have looked that bad if it wasn't for trying that stupid kangaroo diet. he would not have looked that bad if he just cut weight like normal)

besides oscar came down from 154.

i agree with cotto at 145 was more just something to ask for since pac was coming up from 135-140.

i doubt 2 lbs. made a difference nor did they think it would make a big difference.

just something you ask for to get any little bit of edge. (like gloves , ring size , who gets last entrance , who gets announce first , etc.)

Comment

Working...
                X