No announcement yet.

Mayweather highlights/film study - changing angles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather highlights/film study - changing angles

quick film study I made on how mayweather changes angles when punching and after punching. Check it out and let me know what you think G's.

Originally posted by salem-no1 View Post

quick film study I made on how mayweather changes angles when punching and after punching. Check it out and let me know what you think G's.
    Thank you for posting this. I got into it with some MMA guy that was trying to have my boy throw a left hook and move out to the his right... If you notice something about athletes in any sport at the highest level, one thing 'most" share is their mastery of basic fundamentals. Floyd finishes a combo with his left and moves out to his left, ends with his right slips out to the right. Its natural body movement, nothing awkward or "unorthodox" so to speak. His hands are always up, his shoulder are always high (especially the shoulder in which direction hes moving in) and he changes levels (which is more of a expert move). Of course having cat like reflexes helps lol but the best always master the basics before they try something new. Occasionally you get an awkward "unorthodox" type fighter like Maidana, Naseem Hamed, Ricardo Mayaorga etc that win a world title but the best always master the science. Always think defense when being offensive. I am going to show this to my boys when I get home tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Thank you for posting this. I got into it with some MMA guy that was trying to have my boy throw a left hook and move out to the his right... If you notice something about athletes in any sport at the highest level, one thing 'most" share is their mastery of basic fundamentals. Floyd finishes a combo with his left and moves out to his left, ends with his right slips out to the right. Its natural body movement, nothing awkward or "unorthodox" so to speak. His hands are always up, his shoulder are always high (especially the shoulder in which direction hes moving in) and he changes levels (which is more of a expert move). Of course having cat like reflexes helps lol but the best always master the basics before they try something new. Occasionally you get an awkward "unorthodox" type fighter like Maidana, Naseem Hamed, Ricardo Mayaorga etc that win a world title but the best always master the science. Always think defense when being offensive. I am going to show this to my boys when I get home tonight...
      Absolutely! A lot of MMA guys get their hooks from muay thai and fail to integrate the push/pull weight shifting momentum a boxer practices. When that weight over left leg is unleashed into that hook, it's only natural to step out to the left because your right foot is available to move and you are already turning/pivoting that direction. I had an MMA coach (a fairly high profile one) drill that weak MT left hook into my head and it took my boxing coach a long time to get me to forget that and to "feel" that hook load on my left and whip through my hips and shoulders. Ridiculous the difference in power.

A lot of the crazy, off -balance shots Pac throws so brilliantly are playing off the push/pull momentum. Didn't watch the vid yet but I love Floyd's fade to the left after the hook. Drift to the right after the counter right. Rigo's straight, slide the rear foot out, and reposition at an angle.
      A subject that I've been particularly interested in lately.

Comment

Great video. This is a perfect example of what I teach my fighters. Always on the back toe as well as ready to pivot.

Comment

Working...
        X