Analysts: iPhone 5 demand ‘robust;’ ignore the non-news noise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
    You still don't get! Hahaha!

Apple don't need to pump up their figures by selling cheap knockoff goods and using BOGOF tactics to inflate their sales figures (RIM tried that tactic for years, look where it got them).
    Samesong can sell all the cheap Apple knockoffs all they like, I won't be buying the imitator's products, I will buy the innovators product instead, the products everyone else are copying.

How much is apple making from each phone that they sell?

64g
    Unactivated Price: $899.99

32g
    Unactivated Price: $799.99

iPhone 5 may cost Apple $167.50 to build, says one estimate

Click here to read

So basically you are getting a cheap phone but you are overpaying

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      I told Breakbeat that Jailbreak community is huge, he and the super ****** !!Shawn tried to tell me otherwise, people want their iPhones jailbroken, this is one of the main reasons why their sales are falling.

Apple sales won't go back up until they release a jailbreak.
      I have a 4S and I know I wouldn't even consider getting an iPhone 5 until there is a jailbreak available. It is a large community. There are several forums dedicated to jailbreaking.

Comment

Dangerous I Phones are cheap to make. It's a cheap phone.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Piye needs English lessons. It took I phones nearly 4 years to hit 100M. S series only 2 years 7 months.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

According to a report from research firm Strategy Analytics, covering its Global Handset Shipments Forecast for Q2 2012, the company provided insight about the number of iPhones Apple has sold since the device’s launch five years ago on June 29, 2007. The report estimated that Apple sold 250 million iPhones, which accounts for $150 billion in revenue:

“The iPhone portfolio has become a huge generator of cash and profit for Apple. A quarter of a billion iPhones have been shipped cumulatively worldwide in the first five years since launch and Apple reaches its fifth birthday at the top of its game. However, there are emerging signs that the iPhone’s next five years could get tougher. Some mobile operators are becoming concerned about the high level of subsidies they spend on the iPhone, while Samsung is expanding its popular Galaxy portfolio and providing Apple with more credible competition.”

At its Q2 earnings report, Apple announced it sold 35.1 million iPhones during the last quarter, with 365 million iOS device sales to date.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/27/5-year...0b-in-revenue/

What a ****ing liar this tension killer kid is 250 mill iPhone sold before the Christmas rush more than twice the amount s series galaxy phones tension killer is so pathetic he resorts to lying! You deluded ****.

Comment

Originally posted by piye View Post
              According to a report from research firm Strategy Analytics, covering its Global Handset Shipments Forecast for Q2 2012, the company provided insight about the number of iPhones Apple has sold since the device’s launch five years ago on June 29, 2007. The report estimated that Apple sold 250 million iPhones, which accounts for $150 billion in revenue:

“The iPhone portfolio has become a huge generator of cash and profit for Apple. A quarter of a billion iPhones have been shipped cumulatively worldwide in the first five years since launch and Apple reaches its fifth birthday at the top of its game. However, there are emerging signs that the iPhone’s next five years could get tougher. Some mobile operators are becoming concerned about the high level of subsidies they spend on the iPhone, while Samsung is expanding its popular Galaxy portfolio and providing Apple with more credible competition.”

At its Q2 earnings report, Apple announced it sold 35.1 million iPhones during the last quarter, with 365 million iOS device sales to date.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/27/5-year...0b-in-revenue/

What a ****ing liar this tension killer kid is 250 mill iPhone sold before the Christmas rush more than twice the amount s series galaxy phones tension killer is so pathetic he resorts to lying! You deluded ****.

And he wonders why I won't bet with him!

Comment

What a punanani. The I Phone sold 220 Mil in total... come on take the bet. Pussay.

Comment

Piye is so dumb.

I said to reach 100 million, the s series took less time. Are you able to read you fool?

Why is your girl so poor to trade in phones. I keep all mine.

Comment

Whats funnier then you guys arguing over sales & figures is you actually don't have a damn cause
                    I have my doubts any of you guys hold thousands of options or regular stock in either company? I doubt any of you guys are in their PR & Marketing departments?

(Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Sega Mega Drive)

Comment

January 23rd 2013. Be prepared.
                      Oh yeah, propaganda!

None of these analysts or reporters know why Apple are cutting orders for certain, the only people who would are Apple for now.

I'm sure you are dreading January 23rd 2013: http://investor.apple.com/
                      Boom. Make a statement, don't think I will forget. I don't know about Samsung's or Google's shares, not interested in that as my debate on which is better for phones , but since you said dread + 23rd, I thought I'd pop by.

Apple shares fall 12% on growth fears

About $50bn (£32bn) was wiped off Apple's value after the biggest daily drop in the firm's stock in four years.

Flat profits and record quarterly revenue of $55bn were not enough to overcome disappointment over sales of the company's new iPhone 5.

Analysts said the firm was in danger of becoming a victim of its own success.

Earlier, shares in some of Apple's key Asian suppliers also fell.

LG, which provides displays for Apple products, fell 3.1%, and Hon Hai, which assembles iPhones and iPads, dropped 3.2%.
                      Great expectations

Apple was unable to repeat its usual growth in profits, which were unchanged from a year earlier at $13.1bn.

The firm said late on Wednesday it had sold more iPhones (47.8 million) and iPads (22.9 million) in the final three months of last year than in any previous quarter, but investors had expected more.
                      Continue reading the main story
                      “Start Quote

To re-accelerate growth, Apple likely needs to launch new products, yet few seem likely before June”

Stuart Jeffrey Nomura

Shares in the firm have fallen by a third since September over concerns the company may be losing its edge over increasingly confident competitors.

Shares currently stand at $460, down from over $700 four months ago. Apple still remains the world's most valuable company, however, just ahead of Exxon Mobil.

On Thursday, a number of brokers cut sharply their price target for the shares, with Deutsche Bank slashing its forecast from $800 to $575.

The iPhone's once dominant position is being challenged by Samsung and other makers of Android-based devices, which now make up a far greater percentage of overall smartphone sales than the iPhone.

Nokia, once itself the leading mobile phone manufacturer, reported on Thursday a return to profit in the final quarter of last year, with strong sales of its new Lumia smartphone, its first major product launch since the company teamed up with Microsoft.

Samsung is due to announce its results on Friday, and investors will be keen to find out how its successful Galaxy smartphones sold in the final quarter.
                      'New products'

With Apple no longer seen as the market leader in innovation, some analysts believe it may now have to rethink its core strategy, which is based on focusing on a handful of premium products.

"Apple's modus operandi to date has been to cream the high-end off each market, but as the company's grown it may now need to target more of the mainstream," analysts at Evercore Partners said.

Normura's Stuart Jeffrey agreed: "To re-accelerate growth, Apple likely needs to launch new products, yet few seem likely before June".

Others, however, argue that investors' expectations are wholly unrealistic, and the company remains hugely successful.

Comment

Working...
                      X