Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Martin Luther King do for Hispanic Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Martin Luther King do for Hispanic Americans?

Someone school me on this. Unfortunately i havent been taught much about this American Icon

By making Americans more accepting of blacks he made Americans more accepting of other minority groups too. It's plain and basic common sense.

Comment

African Americans and Hispanic Americans have a lot in common.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
        Someone school me on this. Unfortunately i havent been taught much about this American Icon
        i heard he ate an enchilada after the I Have A Dream speech

Comment

he fought for equality, man

Comment

for the latino community specifically? nothing..
            but he wasn't just speaking for black people when he was asking for equal rights, he was speaking for all colors.
            it didn't matter what color of skin or ethnicity you where he wanted equality for everybody.

Comment

Texan Baller wow I would have expected more from you....

are you reffering to mexicans or hispanic americans as a whole...

In California they had signs that said anglos only that ment they didn't want mexicans in their stores, restaurants etc...the same for blacks.. In New york and chicago there were anglo only signs in stores and restaurants, and mistreatment of puerto ricans and blacks very racist...

Without Martin Luther King it would have taken longer for people to get equal rights...

Puerto Ricans cubans and dominicans marched with martin luther king in cicero and the march on washington...

I don't know if you were trying to discredit martin luther king but he didn't fight just for black rights he fought for human rights...

Comment

Originally posted by Pico Hollywood View Post
                Texan Baller wow I would have expected more from you....

are you reffering to mexicans or hispanic americans as a whole...

In California they had signs that said anglos only that ment they didn't want mexicans in their stores, restaurants etc...the same for blacks.. In New york and chicago there were anglo only signs in stores and restaurants, and mistreatment of puerto ricans and blacks very racist...

Without Martin Luther King it would have taken longer for people to get equal rights...

Puerto Ricans cubans and dominicans marched with martin luther king in cicero and the march on washington...

I don't know if you were trying to discredit martin luther king but he didn't fight just for black rights he fought for human rights...
                I dont know much about him outside of him giving a speech i have a dream. Schools i went to never taught much about him.

I also asked because i have asked grandparents who lived in the 60s and before and they said there was discrimination from whites to hispanics but it was rare for them to be turned away from a restroom, restaurant, etc.

Comment

I dont know much about him outside of him giving a speech i have a dream. Schools i went to never taught much about him.

I also asked because i have asked grandparents who lived in the 60s and before and they said there was discrimination from whites to hispanics but it was rare for them to be turned away from a restroom, restaurant, etc.
                  Question have you ever heard of the zoot suit riots?

Comment

Originally posted by Pico Hollywood View Post
                    Question have you ever heard of the zoot suit riots?
                    never.

Comment

Working...
                    X