Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd the biggest coward in the history of boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitrokid View Post
    Hopkins was once asked after he "retired" if he'd come back for a $20 million fight. His answer was for that kind of money he would return from the grave!

There's absolutely no rational way to turn down a $50+million fight win or lose just because of some tests if you have nothing to hide. Boxers make demands for fights all the time. Manny can make them and Mayweather can't ?
    Michael Phelps, Armstrong and every damn great olympic athlete in the world submits to that, including boxers why can't manny do it?

How all of this could have been avoided? just say yes!

He got every concession possible, mayweather had to pay more money than most fighters get for a fight for each pound over the limit.

I always saw manny as a humble guy who was just great and likeable and really thought this was a non issue or a misunderstanding. Now this really makes me wonder about how clean he has been.
    You clearly don't understand. Believe it or not, money is a non issue for a guy like Pacquiao at this stage in his life. He could have retired as far back as post Dela Hoya. He could even make tons of pesos in his own country just by appearing in a movie. He is a laidback guy just like many Filipinos. Rigorous training before the fight for weeks on end is not exactly a joy for a guy who have the option of retiring in wealth and style.

What I would like happen to Pacquiao is stand up to Arum and learn to say no. He should have the balls to say I'll retire and come out of retirement when I want to in my own terms. I'm bigger than boxing. The fact that he is agreeing to a 50/50 split with an opponent who is not as impressive and have less crowd draw means there's something wrong in him.

Unlike you people that's my issue with him. Not stupid steroid accusations that won't stand a chance of being proven true.

Comment

Working...
    X