No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard fights on Youtube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray Leonard fights on Youtube

Love Youtube and grateful we have this to go back and watch about any fight. SRL has always been my idol and I've thought him the greatest of my lifetime. I've been rewatching about every SRL fight and just watched him fight Larry Bonds. I know it was a tuneup fight after fighting Duran twice but a full time garbage man who had been fairly inactive? And he had a lot of trouble putting him away although Ray usually would feel his opponent out for a few rounds. I use to think SRL would defeat Floyd but I'm not so sure now. I can't imagine Floyd having much trouble with a guy like Bonds and can you imagine the crap he'd take for fighting a full time garbage man?

What?

What are you rambling about? This makes no sense to me really. Are you implying that Floyd even has a chance against SRL? Based off the Bonds fight? Who cares about that fight? He won didn't he? Besides, you ever hear of fighters fighting to the level of their opponents? Floyd just struggled against a C Level fighter in Maidana. Do you think Maidana goes 12 against Leonard? Do think The Ghost goes 12 with Leonard? How about Roidquez? Smarten up man. SRL would **** Floyd up and it wouldn't even be close. You saw what Leonard did against the "shoulder roll" against his Daddy, right? Exactly.

Comment

I think all good fighter's have carried unheralded opposition so Leonard would do and you should not judge his potential over that performance alone.

Comment

Lol, I was rambling about a couple things actually. Mostly I can't believe a SRL in his prime would fight somebody the caliber of Bonds. Interesting was Hagler of all people was doing color commentary. Anyway, I'm not saying Floyd would beat SRL but I don't know if SRL would win for sure either. Your examples of Floyd is him fighting at the end of his career. When SRL was about 7 years younger than Floyd now, he was getting stopped by an aging Comacho. Floyd Sr actually put up a decent effort before getting knocked out but Sr isn't Jr. I think SRL wins but certainly isn't a sure thing. There are other, largely forgotten SRL fights where I guess he fought down to his competition. SRL > Floyd but I don't think the gap is as big as I at first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I think all good fighter's have carried unheralded opposition so Leonard would do and you should not judge his potential over that performance alone.
          I've watched just about all his fights and he's my favorite fighter of all time. Just watching this fight today and I was thinking how Floyd would be crucified for such a fight. Bonds was rated #6 by the WBA which is amazing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick6 View Post
            I've watched just about all his fights and he's my favorite fighter of all time. Just watching this fight today and I was thinking how Floyd would be crucified for such a fight. Bonds was rated #6 by the WBA which is amazing to me.
            well,,,he was world ranked. srl took on the best of the best in some extremely grueling fights so he was more than welcome to take on an overrated opponent in between. I dont see anyway how mayweather would have a chance against a prime srl. srl did everything at least as good as floyd but also hit harder,,,threw more punches and wasnt afraid to mix it up in there. his stamina was amzing. way too much in the tank for mayweather

Comment

Who are you to say that Bonds can't feed his children? Are you ignorant to think that every fight need be a star studded event? There was a time that a Champion would book a non title fight after a longer than usual lay off or and injury come back.
              How about some props for a guy who gets up early everyday and works a 40+ week then runs and trains to be able to add to his families income? Why shouldn't that man be heralded does every mother ****er have to be a super star on this forum to earn some respect.
              Is everyone aware that 99.9% of the labeled "bums" on this forum would beat the snot out of 99.9% of the members here.
              If Leonard can't stop a guy how in the hell can lil Floyd do it?

It's a shame your confused about your "favorite" boxer but you seem to have found a new one now! You sure are a fickled lil guy...............bum this

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                well,,,he was world ranked. srl took on the best of the best in some extremely grueling fights so he was more than welcome to take on an overrated opponent in between. I dont see anyway how mayweather would have a chance against a prime srl. srl did everything at least as good as floyd but also hit harder,,,threw more punches and wasnt afraid to mix it up in there. his stamina was amzing. way too much in the tank for mayweather
                Well said. Ray being willing to mix it up when he had to, his heart, and stamina is what made him great. Who else threw such flurries? But watching these old fights I see Ray getting hit more than I remember, especially with the right. I'm not sure Floyd could hurt Ray and that would be the problem for him but he'd certainly land it. So many people hate Floyd and his style I think they really underestimate him. I see it as a fight similar to the Benitez fight but don't you think Floyd is better than Benitez?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick6 View Post
                  Well said. Ray being willing to mix it up when he had to, his heart, and stamina is what made him great. Who else threw such flurries? But watching these old fights I see Ray getting hit more than I remember, especially with the right. I'm not sure Floyd could hurt Ray and that would be the problem for him but he'd certainly land it. So many people hate Floyd and his style I think they really underestimate him. I see it as a fight similar to the Benitez fight but don't you think Floyd is better than Benitez?
                  Im not quite familiar enough with benitez to answer that. floyd was probably a better defensive fighter from what Ive seen of benitez. im not knocking floyd. hes a great boxer but srl was an amazing fighter and one of the very best lb4lb. I just think hed be too much for floyd. thats not to say floyd wouldnt have his moments and make a descent fight out of it but I think srl wins by competitive ud

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Who are you to say that Bonds can't feed his children? Are you ignorant to think that every fight need be a star studded event? There was a time that a Champion would book a non title fight after a longer than usual lay off or and injury come back.
                    How about some props for a guy who gets up early everyday and works a 40+ week then runs and trains to be able to add to his families income? Why shouldn't that man be heralded does every mother ****er have to be a super star on this forum to earn some respect.
                    Is everyone aware that 99.9% of the labeled "bums" on this forum would beat the snot out of 99.9% of the members here.
                    If Leonard can't stop a guy how in the hell can lil Floyd do it?

It's a shame your confused about your "favorite" boxer but you seem to have found a new one now! You sure are a fickled lil guy...............bum this

Ray.
                    WTF are you talking about? Much props to Bonds. The point is a world champion in his prime fighting somebody who works a full time job and boxes on the side. Seems unbelievable.

And SRL is my all time favorite but that doesn't mean I can try to be objective when trying to compare him to today's fighters. But you are right in that Floyd is my favorite active fighter. I enjoy watching his immense and at least in these forums, his vastly underrated talent.

And if any of these posts insinuate I could beat any boxer mentioned in any of these posts then your reading comprehension is very poor.

Comment

Working...
                    X