No announcement yet.

I think James Degale will lose to Brandon Gonzales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    And I further explained how Groves is clearly a much better fighter now, and DeGale clearly is not.

He hasn't improved on anything since the first fight and he's 28 now. Better get his act together.
    Yeah so you keep saying. There is no real empirical evidence. Groves got the shot against Froch and DeGale hasn't shown what he can do at that level yet.

All we can go by is the first fight and Groves ran like a scalded dog all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Yeah so you keep saying. There is no real empirical evidence. Groves got the shot against Froch and DeGale hasn't shown what he can do at that level yet.

All we can go by is the first fight and Groves ran like a scalded dog all night.
      I think there's plenty of evidence. The guy who ran from degale just gave the consensus #1 smw in the world his toughest fight in his career.

He's also a lot sharper, his right hand is powerful and his jab is crisp. None of those things really were true when he fought degale.

DeGale still only throws left and right hooks and the occasional uppercut.

Comment

And I further explained how Groves is clearly a much better fighter now, and DeGale clearly is not.

He hasn't improved on anything since the first fight and he's 28 now. Better get his act together.
        your posts have improved lately

I agree

Comment

I think there's plenty of evidence. The guy who ran from degale just gave the consensus #1 smw in the world his toughest fight in his career.
          What the fuk are you on about? Consensus no1 smw? LOL...

He's also a lot sharper, his right hand is powerful and his jab is crisp. None of those things really were true when he fought degale.

DeGale still only throws left and right hooks and the occasional uppercut.
          He faced Froch who suits his style perfectly. Someone who he is much faster than and has no defence. Groves would not try to mix it with DeGale up close because he'd get embarrassed.

Comment

Gonzales will give DeGale all he can handle and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Gonzales will give DeGale all he can handle and then some.
              How would you describe Gonzales' style? I haven't got around to really looking at any of his fights. I saw the Oosthuizen fight but can't really remember it.

Comment

Don't know much about Gonzalez but I hear he could have an awkward style for DeGale so you never know.

I wish DeGale would get rid of Jim McDonell - his talent is wasted with a guy who is basically a fitness coach.
                He's too loyal and said him winning a title would be for Jim since he came short in his chance.

Gonzalez is trained by Hunter, so he has that Ward thing going on. He is solid and can beat Degale. 50-50 fight I'd say.

Comment

I find DeGale frustrating to watch, he's a good switch hitter, but he keeps his hands down, and makes fights tougher than they need to be.

I know the philosophy for low hands, if they aren't in guard, then they are able to counter quicker, but his head movement or reactions aren't quite quick enough to allow him to do so effectively, and he takes alot of shots he doesn't need to.

Comment

How would you describe Gonzales' style? I haven't got around to really looking at any of his fights. I saw the Oosthuizen fight but can't really remember it.
                    He's an all arounder. Good hand and foot speed, throws nice combinations with lots of body shots, has decent power although not spectacular.
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-26-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X