No announcement yet.

Donaire and Nishioka to fight for The Ring title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that he's ranked below Rigo. If they feel Donaire has better accomplishments why is he still ranked below Rigo but yet fighting for The Ring championship?
    Yeah this is very hypocritical. Just like in the Khan/Garcia situation it feels like the Ring just wants to jump on the opportunity to be on the spotlight when marquee names are fighting. It's starting to become as big a joke as the alphabet orgs. The first eyebrow-raising thing they did for me was when they ranked Pac #1 at welterweight after beating the #2 Cotto, while Mosley was the real #1 coming off his Margarito win. Sad to see such a respected magazine go downhill...

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire
      also , we all know nishioka is the real wbc champion anyways so this fight should've been a unification of the 3 belts..out of 4...if you have the 3 belts , you pretty is the number 1 guy
      Shouldve been but its not. If they wanted to do it the right way Nishioka shouldve fought Mares first and gotten his belt back. But then again Mares doesnt deserve that belt either. And when is anything in boxing done the right way anyway right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos
        Well this will just make the winner duck Rigo since now they dont need to beat him for the "coveted" ring title. Kinda sucks to be him right now and Donaire will think hes the lineal champ if he wins and run to 126 or Arce. Ouch. Still, its justifiable
        Sad that these guys' careers are being dumped on by these "organizations." And they don't care cause they will "always" have an income while boxers have a limited life span in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed
          Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Still doesn't change the fact that he's ranked below Rigo. If they feel Donaire has better accomplishments why is he still ranked below Rigo but yet fighting for The Ring championship?

Yeah this is very hypocritical. Just like in the Khan/Garcia situation it feels like the Ring just wants to jump on the opportunity to be on the spotlight when marquee names are fighting. It's starting to become as big a joke as the alphabet orgs. The first eyebrow-raising thing they did for me was when they ranked Pac #1 at welterweight after beating the #2 Cotto, while Mosley was the real #1 coming off his Margarito win. Sad to see such a respected magazine go downhill...
          It is hypocritical and it also feels like every time their belt is at stake there's some type of "change" to go with it.

Comment

It should be for the Ring title. Nishioka is the top ranked fighter, and Donaire has two belts in the division. Beating Nishioka would make Donaire the top ranked fighter, Nishioka beating Donaire would prove he is still the best fighter.

Either way, the winner should get the Ring belt.

Comment

I'm satisfied, please continue.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987
                It should be for the Ring title. Nishioka is the top ranked fighter, and Donaire has two belts in the division. Beating Nishioka would make Donaire the top ranked fighter, Nishioka beating Donaire would prove he is still the best fighter.

Either way, the winner should get the Ring belt.
                I'll stick with my argument. If the belts mean so much why is he still ranked #3 under Rigo? Why do they feel he belongs at the #3 spot yet deserves a shoot at their title? If those accomplishments hold so much weight why is he under Rigo still? Abs tbh why are they using belts ass leverage when in reality Nishioka doesn't hold any.

This thread is not to bash Donaire. I'm simply criticizing their move like some of the others they have made in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  I'll stick with my argument. If the belts mean so much why is he still ranked #3 under Rigo? Why do they feel he belongs at the #3 spot yet deserves a shoot at their title? If those accomplishments hold so much weight why is he under Rigo still? Abs tbh why are they using belts ass leverage when in reality Nishioka doesn't hold any.

This thread is not to bash Donaire. I'm simply criticizing their move like some of the others they have made in the past.

Screw Rigo. I don't care where he's ranked, and to be honest, I don't know why he would have any say as to who the Ring champion should be anyway. Nishioka-Donaire is the best fight in the division. That's all I care about.

Comment

Let me also add that Rigo has been competing at 122 longer and as far as opposition level goes, what makes WV2 any better than Cordoba, Ramos or Kennedy? It also falls on the promoter. Its not Rigo's fault that Arum wants to get Donaire the bigger fights and build him up more.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Screw Rigo. I don't care where he's ranked, and to be honest, I don't know why he would have any say as to who the Ring champion should be anyway. Nishioka-Donaire is the best fight in the division. That's all I care about.
                      You should kindly find your way out of this thread if you can't have an educated discussion. Nobody here is criticizing any of the fighters involved in this whole thing.

And your "is the best fight to be made" argument is pretty weak. The best fight to be made at 122 is ant fight that involves Mares-Donaire-Rigo. Nishioka at 36 years of age has been out the ring for nearly a year so yea there's not much hype around his name right now and we dunno how he's gonna perform.

Comment

Working...
                      X