No announcement yet.

Who beat Cotto worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who beat Cotto worse?

I rewatched both fights. Manny took Cottos heart sooner than Marg though we must say Tony fought a nver been defeated Cotto...
    PAC
    48.74%
    Margarito
    47.06%
    Same
    4.20%

Pacquiao, although Margarito fought the much better version.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...compubox-stats

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...arito-compubox

Comment

Margarito made him kneel and Pacquiao made him do the ali shuffle and backpedal.

Margarito made him look like Sloth from The Goonies, Pacquiao made him look like a zombie version of Sloth from The Goonies.

To me they were equally bad beatings in my opinion. They were devastating beatdowns that took his soul, mind and spirit.

Comment

In this kind of case photos are the thing needed. Stats don't say much when talking about beatdowns.

Margarito:

Pacquiao:

Damn Cotto is a focking warrior for real. I respect him he comes to fight regardless.

Comment

I'd say Margarito. In the Pacquiao fight Cotto was willing to go to the last bell. He looked at Kenny Bayless like "why are you stopping the fight I'm OK."

In the Margarito fight you could tell Cotto wanted the fight to be over. He took two knees for god sakes and his corner had to throw in the towel. That was the fight where Cotto lost his heart.

Comment

both are bad beatings, i chose Pac's as he had 2 more rounds to do more damage to cotto... some say unbeaten cotto was better fighter, but my argument if cotto did not have the experience he had with margarito, he would have quited against pacquiao, that fight with margarito and clottey made cotto stronger mentally...

Comment

No doubt that the Cheater with his bricks did way more damage. Super Manny just benefited from the damaged goods, but still was afraid enought to make him come down to 145. Cotto has also done the most damage to the steroid king

Comment

No doubt in my mind that the worse beating was the one he suffered at the bricked hands of Margacheato. The moment Cotto, the warrior of a man that he is, kneeled at the feet of another man was the moment this warriors heart was punctured. Still however he now has another chance, and even though this Cotto isn't the Cotto that Margacheato beat, we also have to take into account that this time the fight will be on a level playing field and in my opinion, Margarito will die in the ring that night. Margacheato illegally took Cotto's heart that night, It's time for Cotto to take back what he is owed.

Comment

Pacquiao beat him worse. The Margarito fight was competitive the whole way through, the Pac figh was not.

Comment

Working...
                    X