Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney, Meldrick Taylor, and Whitaker dominating compubox on punches landed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
    I thought it was the Zack Padilla vs Sucra Ray Oliveira fight?

The one where Padilla held the most punches thrown by a single fighter that was broken by Antonio Margarito against Clottey...
    I checked Dorsey's record and boxrec to see if I could recognize the opponent and it was Kevin Kelley I'm sure.

I'm as certain as can be that that fight holds or at least held untill recently, the record for most punches thrown. I havent found a statistic though.

Comment

As I recall, Sucra Ray and Vince Phillips set the all time combined punches record...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I checked Dorsey's record and boxrec to see if I could recognize the opponent and it was Kevin Kelley I'm sure.

I'm as certain as can be that that fight holds or at least held untill recently, the record for most punches thrown. I havent found a statistic though.
        Yeah, I'm still digging for it. The compubox website sucks. Lol. I can't find what I'm looking for.

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        As I recall, Sucra Ray and Vince Phillips set the all time combined punches record...
        See, I heard it was Sucra Ray and Zack Padilla.. (3000+)

We need to get to the bottom of this

Comment

Farhood: "....Kevin Kelley's decision over Troy Dorsey (1992), which featured 2,806 punches...."

Comment

This book by Arthur Mercante says the Dorsey-Kelly fight still holds the record for punches thrown:

http://books.google.com/books?id=OFm...dorsey&f=false

I don't know if it's still holds.

Comment

Farhood: "....Kevin Kelley's decision over Troy Dorsey (1992), which featured 2,806 punches...."
              Good stuff.

I can't find any confirmation on my claim.

Comment

Good stuff.

I can't find any confirmation on my claim.
                I can!

Zack Padilla WU12 Ray Oliveria 3,020 punches thrown. 371 in round 12 alone.

You and Scully rocks!

Comment

I can!

Zack Padilla WU12 Ray Oliveria 3,020 punches thrown. 371 in round 12 alone.

You and Scully rocks!

Damn how the hell did they stay standing??

Comment

Damn how the hell did they stay standing??
                    Probably doped out of their senses.....

Comment

I sparred with Ray once and in my mind I said, "Im gonna have a 'Ray Olivera fight' with him...and we just went back and forth throwing bunches of punches..not really really hard shots but we kept tossing them...BIG FUN FOR 10 ROUNDS...

Comment

Working...
                      X