Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adamek: "I'll need to go down 3 times in Maddalone fight before Haye will fight me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamek: "I'll need to go down 3 times in Maddalone fight before Haye will fight me"

Interview from fight news:

When we were talking about another possibility for 2011, David Haye bout with HBO's Max Kellerman, you suggested that maybe you should be at least twice on the floor versus Maddalone for Hayemaker to fight you.

Adamek: "Two could be not enough. Maybe three."

Did you see the Haye-Harrison fight?

Adamek: "What fight? Just the first round. After three minutes I knew what was going on and didn’t want to waste my time. It had nothing to do with boxing, even less with championship boxing. It's a shame because we will kill boxing this way; people will start to think that this is normal. It's not."

As a boxer, are you for withholding purses when something like this happens?

Adamek: "Very delicate subject because there is a very thin line between not being able to fight and not wanting to fight. If you do something very blatant, very obvious, just show up to pick up a check, why not? Our fans are paying hard earn money to see us giving everything we have. We owe them our best even when we lose. We need to show our best effort."

, Haye has become the biggest joke in pro boxing.

Comment

Haye is less likely to fight Adamek than the Klitschkos.

He is one of the handful of fighters Haye absolutely won't consider because of the high chances of losing and low reward.

Very well said on Adamek's part. It's a shame that British fight fans not only supported the fight, but also scapegoat Audley when it is Haye who orchestrated the entire fraud.

Comment

What's sad is that this fight is probably the most exciting, competitive fight to be made at HW (would have been even better at CW, actually) but Haye doesn't want any of it.

His HW run has been a complete and utter cash out.

Comment

I've got nothing against Adamek, but he's not on Haye's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
            Sorry mate, but you are overrating David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
              Haye peaced out of the Cruiserweight Division in a hurry when it was clear he was gonna have to face guys like Adamek and Cunningham.

He then spent a year fighting Monte Barrett and well...... that was it.

Haye has continued to fight once every 10 months while Adamek has fought 5 times in 14 months making the same Cruiser to Heavy transition.

Adamek would fight Haye tomorrow, in Haye's backyard, for a bastard's share.

Haye won't even consider the idea for 1 second.

But I guess Haye has no reason to prove anything to anyone in the ring because nobody is "on his level".

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                His HW run has been a complete and utter cash out.
                Yes, it's sad.

I actually used to like Haye around the time he fought Mormeck and Maccarinelli. When he said he was moving up, I thought he might help to create some excitement in the heavyweight division, and become an interesting opponent for Wlad.

But he's turned out to be nothing but a loud-mouthed fraud.

Comment

May be true but Adamek could have fought someone better than Maddalone himself.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
                    May be true but Adamek could have fought someone better than Maddalone himself.
                    The bigots who run HBO and Showtime sports, Ross Greenburg and Ken Hershman, don't like Adamek because he's from Eastern Europe (Poland). Adamek isn't allowed to fight on HBO or Showtime, so there's little TV revenue.

Better opponents cost money, but the money isn't there.

Comment

Working...
                    X