Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Donaire ranked higher than Ward still P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devildg View Post
    Floyd is clearly a better boxer than Ward, both athletically superior and skills wise better.

to even say Ward should be the P4P king is nothing more than the result of today's culture which has a bunch of people on the internet with very short memories.

I agree Ward blows everyone out of the water, but you cant blame these guys when there simply hasnt been the same level of talent available in their divisions
    I'm not so sure about that. Floyd in 2006? Yeah, no question. Right now though, I'm not sure Floyd is better than Ward. If you made me give an answer, I'd say Ward is just slightly better right now.

Comment

A win over Nishioka puts Donaire at 4 on my list, I currently have Ward at #1.

Comment

Ward should be top 3 in my eyes, maybe position 2-4 somewhere. However the RING P4P which I used to respect, is garbage now. Manny love has made it questionable. Floyd moved up in weight and beat a true JMW beltholder via UD and Manny got a bull**** MD in a fight he really lost and then took a SD loss. Yet he is still "tied" with Floyd at #1. It is such hypocrisy. Regardless if the loss was genuine or not, it is an official loss on the books, yet you keep someone at #1? How can that possibly be? Ward should be #3 probably at this point.

Comment

Ward has so many dimensions to his game and he does everything perfectly. There is no way Donaire is above Ward.

Ward takes away every advantage you have, imposes his all of his and he takes away your victory, your will and your confidence little by little.

Donaire cant even go to the body. Its so frustrating to watch my boy fight because he can br so much better.

Comment

Have the rankings been updated?

Here's how Donaire coulda been ranked above Ward before:

1. 2 top 10 p4p wins career wise, 1 last year. Ward had 1 if you wanna give him Froch (never ranked top 10 by the ring)
            2. Stepped up to his 4th division
            3. A lot more wins over current/former/future champs

No doubt Ward is a better boxer, but boxing skills are not what makes Donaire so tough to beat.

Comment

Working...
            X