Vitali Klitschko may be fighting Manuel Charr on September 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy betting money

Comment

i rather enjoy this fight than watch a corrupt don king or bob arum promotion.

i give manual charr one thing over the rest of the heavyweights. He accepting the offer (unlike fury, povetkin, price, and everyone else)

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        His legacy shouldn't be important to him anyway, because a lot of people will NEVER respect him no matter who he beats.

The same people didn't complain when Larry Holmes fought Butterbean in his farewell fight.

Give Vitali a break - he's age 41. His opponent is age 27, 21-0 and ranked WBC #11.
        Come on man, Holmes was neither a titlist or thought of as one of the very best in the division. He is also well criticized for many of the fights he took as champion.

Comment

Two guys I'd like to see Vitali fight are David Haye and Nikolai Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
            Age wasn't a factor for Vitali one fight ago. Why has it suddenly become one now?
            And he won at the VERY LEAST 7 of the 12 rounds against a fighter Klit fans were hyping after his win over Helenius. Vitaly is still clearly second best in the division by a good margin, he should be testing himself against better fighters. I wouldn't mind seeing an Arreola rematch if he were willing. He's still one of the best and between that and Vits slowing down some it could make for an exciting fight. Solis also deserves a rematch...I'd like to see that before Vitaly retires.

Comment

arreolas needs to prove himself vs a top 20 figher before chasing a klitschko.
              even manuel charr would be a step up for arreolla considering who hi slast 5 fights have been against

Comment

Originally posted by dammage7 View Post
                arreolas needs to prove himself vs a top 20 figher before chasing a klitschko.
                even manuel charr would be a step up for arreolla considering who hi slast 5 fights have been against
                Nipples Areolla can beat up on the some of the tomato cans out there..... but Vitali fighting .. Charo? who? . and in September ????? why not july ???

just shows the sad state of the heavy div.

Vitali vs Haye . Admit it---you want to see that one.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  And he won at the VERY LEAST 7 of the 12 rounds against a fighter Klit fans were hyping after his win over Helenius. Vitaly is still clearly second best in the division by a good margin, he should be testing himself against better fighters. I wouldn't mind seeing an Arreola rematch if he were willing. He's still one of the best and between that and Vits slowing down some it could make for an exciting fight. Solis also deserves a rematch...I'd like to see that before Vitaly retires.
                  An Arreola or Solis rematch would be pointless, given that both fights were extremely one-sided and neither man has subsequently done anything to warrant a second shot. I've got no problems with Vittles fighting a less than dangerous opponent for his last fight, but why'd it have to be a nobody? Seriously, goddamn Albert Sosnowski was better than this guy. He at least has a clean KO over Danny.

This fight is a massive joke, and quite a cynical one as well.

Originally posted by dammage7 View Post
                  i rather enjoy this fight than watch a corrupt don king or bob arum promotion.

i give manual charr one thing over the rest of the heavyweights. He accepting the offer (unlike fury, povetkin, price, and everyone else)
                  I'm sorry but I find it extremely hard to believe that everyone else turned down a lucrative retirement fight with Vitali. This isn't a case of duck now fight later. This is last chance saloon.

Anyone know what Charr is getting for this? I'm assuming it's rather a large sum of money.
                  Last edited by nomadman; 06-06-2012, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Charr is probably happy with a rather small share.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                      An Arreola or Solis rematch would be pointless, given that both fights were extremely one-sided and neither man has subsequently done anything to warrant a second shot. I've got no problems with Vittles fighting a less than dangerous opponent for his last fight, but why'd it have to be a nobody? Seriously, goddamn Albert Sosnowski was better than this guy. He at least has a clean KO over Danny.

This fight is a massive joke, and quite a cynical one as well.

I'm sorry but I find it extremely hard to believe that everyone else turned down a lucrative retirement fight with Vitali. This isn't a case of duck now fight later. This is last chance saloon.

Anyone know what Charr is getting for this? I'm assuming it's rather a large sum of money.
                      An Arreola fight would be nothing except a better more proven fighter for Vitaly, and could be better than the first for the reasons I named. The Solis fight I still think should be made. There is nothing one sided about losing with a knee injury in under a round. It isn't like that fight was Tyson-Spinks. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X