No announcement yet.

ESPN's latest P4P list

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    Who has Gonzalez beaten on the level of Bradley? Or for that matter, who has Mayweather beaten?

I would put Pac at number 1.
    Estrada is as good as Bradley. Also destroying top competition in your division trumps going 12 rounds with guys like rios. I agree mayweather has not beaten anyone special. Roman is actually #1 in my book.

Comment

The order is arguable, but not a terrible list overall.

My only real complaint is that Froch should be there instead of GGG.

Also, I'm not comfortable with Wlad being P4P but I can't think of anyone I would replace him with. The most promising ones don't have the wins to justify a P4P ranking yet.

Comment

Also, I'm not comfortable with Wlad being P4P but I can't think of anyone I would replace him with. The most promising ones don't have the wins to justify a P4P ranking yet.
        That's because you're a whacko conspiracy theorist who thinks Wlad rigs all of his fights and whatnot. I've seen your other posts. Anyone else has him p4p. Ring has him #3 p4p in the world (#2 because they have to drop Ward soon).

Comment

Good list, but I'm not agree with the order. Like Blanco said, Rigo or Gonzalez should be ahead of Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
            That's because you're a whacko conspiracy theorist who thinks Wlad rigs all of his fights and whatnot. I've seen your other posts. Anyone else has him p4p. Ring has him #3 p4p in the world (#2 because they have to drop Ward soon).
            WTF? I don't even post about Wlad unless it's something Pulev related and I'm a big Pulev fan and Bulgarian (by ethnicity) so it's only natural Wlad isn't my favourite fighter these days (or that I didn't like Wlad fighting Leapai before Pulev).

But even if that wasn't the case, everyone has fighters they simply don't like. That doesn't make them "whacko conspiracy theorists". And I don't recall ever saying Wlad rigs his fights.

Comment

So you want him dropped out of the p4p rankings where he is universally included because you're a Pulev fan, when Pulev is about to fight him?

That makes no sense at all, but cool story.
              Last edited by ////; 11-12-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Marquez shouldn't be number 3, hell IMO Froch should be ahead of Marquez and Froch isn't even there.

I'd have Rigondeaux ahead of both Marquez and Bradley. I don't agree with Pacquiao being number 2 anymore. Going a couple of years back, he'd be number 1 or 2 for sure, but not now. Beating Brandon Rios or Chris Algieri, they're not elite.

Comment

GGG over Klitschko.

Just a dumb list, period.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                    So you want him dropped out of the p4p rankings where he is universally included because you're a Pulev fan, when Pulev is about to fight him?

That makes no sense at all, but cool story.
                    No. I was referring to the posts you said you saw from me. I criticized him harshly for fighting Leapai first and the press conference controversy. And that's partly because I'm a Pulev fan.

I don't want him dropped from the P4P list. I'm just saying that for a P4Per, his resume is a bit weak. He has been a title holder for over 8 years and his best wins are what? Byrd, Ibragimov, Thompson, Chagaev, Chambers, Haye and Povetkin. Not much for such a long title reign. And of these guys I only recognize Byrd, Haye and maybe Povetkin as really good fighters. The others are decent at best.

But like I said, no one is accomplished enough to replace him, so I'm fine with him being P4P.

Comment

This is my Top 10 P4P:

1. Mayweather
                      2. Klitschko
                      3. Pacquiao
                      4. Bradley
                      5. Marquez
                      6. Gonzalez
                      7. Froch
                      8. Estrada
                      9. Rigondeaux
                      10. Kovalev