No announcement yet.

"Clean" losses Hogan has taken?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
    Sting made him tap out I think. They were both like 65 years old doe.
    If you mean Starcade 96 nah, the plan according to Eric Bishoff in his book with the crow Sting was he was supposed to get the clean pin but Hogan took a look at Sting without that big leather coat sometime before the match and thought he looked out of shape and ghost white since he hadn't been wrestling for a year and a half just hanging at the top of the arena and doing occasional run ins. So they decided on some weird fast count or false finish......they should have just went for the clean pin because that mainevent was an utter fail and kind of confusing for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      If you mean Starcade 96 nah, the plan according to Eric Bishoff in his book with the crow Sting was he was supposed to get the clean pin but Hogan took a look at Sting without that big leather coat sometime before the match and thought he looked out of shape and ghost white since he hadn't been wrestling for a year and a half just hanging at the top of the arena and doing occasional run ins. So they decided on some weird fast count or false finish......they should have just went for the clean pin because that mainevent was an utter fail and kind of confusing for fans.
      Can't embed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtLhBYYni4

Comment

That was pathetic..

Comment

That was pathetic..
          Sting finally got the clean win 15 years after the Starcade bs, when Hogan was 60 and had a "back operation".

Comment

Goldberg didnt pin him clean, Hogan was being distracted by some dude when goldberg set up the spear.
            Also when he jobbed to Warrior he kicked out at 3 or close to it, made the win seem a little controversial watch the replay.

Goldberg also only lost clean once in his entire career without interference, to bret hart when they were both faces.

I also dont remember warrior jobbing clean at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              That's because Goldberg is an even bigger premadonna than Hogan.

Hulk might have been a dick in his prime, but he's always cared about the business, unlike Goldberg who only cares about money and actually believing he's a legit tough guy.
              I've heard Hogan talk about that before. He and WCW management wanted to give Goldberg the title, but once he got it he turned into an ultra d*ck and wouldn't make anyone look good. He would just say, "no, I'm not losing to this person."

That guy needed an Andre the Giant fist to the face like Warrior got. I don't understand how you can be in the fake groping business and not be willing to lose or make other people look good. It's fake.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I've heard Hogan talk about that before. He and WCW management wanted to give Goldberg the title, but once he got it he turned into an ultra d*ck and wouldn't make anyone look good. He would just say, "no, I'm not losing to this person."

That guy needed an Andre the Giant fist to the face like Warrior got. I don't understand how you can be in the fake groping business and not be willing to lose or make other people look good. It's fake.
                Part of the problem in WCW at the time was that none of the main-eventers were willing to job unless it was to one of their buddies. Except maybe Sting. There was too much "I'll job to this guy but not to those guys" mentality going on. Wasn't just WCW though; over in the WWF Shawn Michaels and his crew were doing the same thing and even Austin started doing it the last couple of years he was active.

Even though it's a "fake" sport ego is a HUGE factor in everything that goes on in the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
                  Part of the problem in WCW at the time was that none of the main-eventers were willing to job unless it was to one of their buddies. Except maybe Sting. There was too much "I'll job to this guy but not to those guys" mentality going on. Wasn't just WCW though; over in the WWF Shawn Michaels and his crew were doing the same thing and even Austin started doing it the last couple of years he was active.

Even though it's a "fake" sport ego is a HUGE factor in everything that goes on in the industry.
                  That is why I laugh at the Montreal screwjob if it actually was real and not just a work. He deserved it, he was leaving the company,& he should have done the classy thing and dropped the strap via outside interference so he wouldn't look bad and Shawn would have the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    That is why I laugh at the Montreal screwjob if it actually was real and not just a work. He deserved it, he was leaving the company,& he should have done the classy thing and dropped the strap via outside interference so he wouldn't look bad and Shawn would have the belt.
                    Well, part of that was a tit-4-tat going on between Michaels and Hart: Michaels refused to job to Hart and Hart returned the favor. Michaels has always been pretty much a prick backstage and IRL. None of that **** made anyone look good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
                      Well, part of that was a tit-4-tat going on between Michaels and Hart: Michaels refused to job to Hart and Hart returned the favor. Michaels has always been pretty much a prick backstage and IRL. None of that **** made anyone look good imo.
                      And Michaels also ticked Bret even further by refusing to job to the Bulldog when they were here in England.

The plan was to have Michaels beat Bret clean at SS 97 and Bret just leaves but Bret told Vince he wanted to drop the title on RAW the next night then leave because he was seen as a hero in Canada and didn't want to lose in his home country.

Comment

Working...
                      X