Collapse
No announcement yet.

People from India are calling wanting to fix my computer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told them I had dial up internet and a 20 year old computer.

im still waiting for it to turn on.
    right its on waiting for the webpage to load up.
    ok its loaded what now, u want me to download a program to give u remote access? ok but its gonna take a while.

took nearly 15 minutes for him to hang up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Give them what they want...a 000 cc # then if they ask if you're sure that's the number get upset and say are you going to help or not?!

Comment

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          That list doesn't work for crap. They don't do anything when you report a phone number to them.

I got pissed at one of these Indian computer error scammers once and straight out told him "**** You" several times in a slow, calm voice. He went completely apeshit.

After I hung up he dialed me right back and called me a bloody bitch. Said that I didn't know who I was dealing with, that he worked for the FBI, and that he was going to come to my house and kill my family.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-29-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            After I hung up he dialed me right back and called me a bloody bitch. Said that I didn't know who I was dealing with, that he worked for the FBI, and that he was going to come to my house and kill my family.

Shoulda told him you work for the Pentagon.

Comment

I have never received a call like this before. Looks like I am missing out.

However, every time I sign up for new internet, I seem to deal with similar shenanigans and am never sure if I'm actually dealing with the internet company.

Comment

That list doesn't work for crap. They don't do anything when you report a phone number to them.

I got pissed at one of these Indian computer error scammers once and straight out told him "**** You" several times in a slow, calm voice. He went completely apeshit.

"You're FBI? Well I'm CIA and I say FBI guys are pussies."

Comment

Every time I register a new phone number, I dont received another call from a marketing company or any other aholes trying to scam me. All my friends that have the same problem, after they register, they stop receiving unsolicited offers. I've been using it for a while and I cant complain. I dont report numbers, I dont get harass after registering.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                    The biggest issue with the do not call lists is that those lists are publicly available. This is to enable marketing and sales companies to know which numbers they aren't allowed to call.

If they do call they can be charged. But only by the country in which the list is enforced. So phone phishers and unscrupulous providers (the technical term is "scamming twats") can get a handy list of numbers that definitely have people who would answer the phone and then call them from outside that jurisdiction. For example I could get the US list and call people from Canada or vice versa. It can make the problem worse.

Comment

Oh these guys are hilarious.

I've had about a dozen calls off them over the last few years.

"I don't have a computer"

"But Sir, we're getting reports of viruses."

"But Sir, I don't have a computer."

"Your laptop then?"

"Hahaha. Don't have one of them either."

*click*

"Yeah hang on. I'll start my computer. It's really old so might be a while."

"Okay Sir"

*goes into kitchen to make a sandwich*

"That's it just loading up now. Sorry it took so long."

"It's okay. Now you need to open up your browser...."

"Oh come on you useless piece of shit. I don't believe it. It's crashed. I'm going to have to restart."

*goes and reads a few pages of the paper*

"Right it's back now. Okay so go to that address. Right what you want me to type in? Oh you are joking. I'm really sorry about this but my keyboard is wireless and the batteries have run out. Hang on, I'll just go and find some batteries, shouldn't be too long."

"Sir, you're making a fool of yourself here."

"Hahahahaha. Says the guy who has spent the last half an hour being trolled. Fuck off you silly ****."

*click*

Comment

Working...
                      X