No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout: Al Haymon Will Bring Me Much-Needed Exposure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trout: Al Haymon Will Bring Me Much-Needed Exposure

Austin Trout is a world titleholder in a division full of big names, but that level of fame and attention has eluded the 26-year-old junior middleweight.

That might not be true for too much longer.

Trout, 24-0 with 14 knockouts, recently signed with influential boxing adviser Al Haymon. And on April 12, BoxingScene.com broke the news that Trout would be fighting Delvin Rodriguez on Showtime on June 2. [Click Here To Read More]

it's NOT exposure but the lack of quality opponents...if the best Trout can do is a Rigoberto Alvarez (he 's so bad he can't spar w/his brother Canelo) he may as well hang it up..Trout is boring, really no punch & can't draw flies...he'd get KO'd by Canelo or if he moves up he has no chance @ a belt...

Comment

al haymon wants to make trout look like the next mason dixon

Comment

I completely missed that Trout vs. Rodriguez was confirmed for June 2nd. Good fight, and a good step up for Trout. I hope he still fights Dzinziruk later in the year too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          I completely missed that Trout vs. Rodriguez was confirmed for June 2nd. Good fight, and a good step up for Trout. I hope he still fights Dzinziruk later in the year too.
          Good point, as I overlooked it & it was posted...Delvin should @ least test him some, more than any1 else has...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            it's NOT exposure but the lack of quality opponents...if the best Trout can do is a Rigoberto Alvarez (he 's so bad he can't spar w/his brother Canelo) he may as well hang it up..Trout is boring, really no punch & can't draw flies...he'd get KO'd by Canelo or if he moves up he has no chance @ a belt...
            trout has better comp than Alvarez.

David Diaz would beat anybody on Canelo's resume...including Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
              al haymon wants to make trout look like the next mason dixon
              Trout is the best figther at 154..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                Good point, as I overlooked it & it was posted...Delvin should @ least test him some, more than any1 else has...
                When is Alvarez gonna be tested??

A washed-up nobody like Alphonso Gomez(LOL) and the ghost of Kermit Cintron ain't gettin' it done....nor is an ancient Shane that hasn't won a fight in ages..

What has Shane done to deserve a title shot?????

Comment

get used to seeing this kid

he's well rounded, a good sized jr MW, and american

he's with haymon. he doesnt command huge dollars yet for the networks, but they'll be willing to buy his fights.
                  get used to seeing him

not totally sold on the kid, but he is a pretty well developed package for a guy just starting out the prime of his career.

Comment

And some much needed gift decisions on a night off

Comment

Working...
                    X