No announcement yet.

Is Rigo really that 'old'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Rigo really that 'old'?

He's 33 but he's only had 12 pro fights, no wear and tare and has his brilliant defense to keep him from getting hit.

He could fight well into 40s I imagine. Look at Marquez operating at high level at 40 and Mayweather looks as good as ever at 37 too. Should stop worrying about his age, Hopkins got his big shot at 36.

well fighting once a year wont help him much

Comment

We will just have to wait and watch...Fighters like Hopkins,Floyd,Jmm are special and are the EXCEPTION to the rules

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        We will just have to wait and watch...Fighters like Hopkins,Floyd,Jmm are special and are the EXCEPTION to the rules
        And Rigo is not special?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          And Rigo is not special?
          That is yet to be seen..so far so good

Comment

He's 33 but he's only had 12 pro fights, no wear and tare and has his brilliant defense to keep him from getting hit.

He could fight well into 40s I imagine. Look at Marquez operating at high level at 40 and Mayweather looks as good as ever at 37 too. Should stop worrying about his age, Hopkins got his big shot at 36.
            Hmm... Not sure that I should take you seriously!! By Bernard Hopkins you mean the guy who fought Roy Jones in 1993 at age 28? The guy who drew then beat Segundo Mercado in 94/95 for his world title and then went on to have 10-15 defences before "his big shot" against Trinidad!

Comment

And Rigo is not special?
              I think doesn't mean skillwise some fighters just loose their physical attributes but having watched Rigo since he was a young amateur id say he has lost maybe a step in speed, but has acquired other attributes that have taken him to where he is. It's a wait and see for me we all will be able to tell if he looses any edge in the coming years.

Comment

no disrespect to anyone but I wouldnt be shocked at all if he were found to be older then 33

Comment

He definitely looks older than "33" lol, on a more serious note he had a lot of amateur fights not just his little pro fights.

Comment

He hasn't shown signs of slowing down yet. Fighters age differently.

Comment

Working...
                    X