No announcement yet.

Tyson told Ali he was going to get Holmes for him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyJonesfan View Post
    No.. 1st off Ali was a National Icon and the greatest American Sportsman in history. His name literally outshines every other sports person America has produced in terms of historical impact and fame.

It was a personal vendetta of Tyson's and I admire him for it.

Also Holmes lied that he was taking it easy on Ali when he was unleashing everything but the kitchen sink and still couldn't KO corpse Muhammad lol.
    anyone who saw the Ali/Holmes fight would agree with this statement..

**** holmes.. he had no trouble spending that money he made for that fight too

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
      anyone who saw the Ali/Holmes fight would agree with this statement..

**** holmes.. he had no trouble spending that money he made for that fight too
      Not sure if serious?

Holmes clearly took it easy on Ali in the later rounds. He was looking at the ref constantly to stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesfan View Post
        No.. 1st off Ali was a National Icon and the greatest American Sportsman in history. His name literally outshines every other sports person America has produced in terms of historical impact and fame.

It was a personal vendetta of Tyson's and I admire him for it.

Also Holmes lied that he was taking it easy on Ali when he was unleashing everything but the kitchen sink and still couldn't KO corpse Muhammad lol.
        Ali was the opposite of being an American icon. He was one of the most hated Americans, second only to Jack Johnson, especially after becoming a racist Black Muslim.. His historical claim to fame- apart from his always over-running mouth- was that he finally won a case against the US Govt. But it was at a time when the public outcry against the Vietnamese War was overwhelming. At any other time he'd have been popped straight into gaol, probably still yapping and likely still there. His international popularity was in inverse proportion to the detestation abroad of the United States, which was seen as trying to become the arbiter of every single world-wide event and the overlord of the entire globe.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Not sure if serious?

Holmes clearly took it easy on Ali in the later rounds. He was looking at the ref constantly to stop the fight.
          he was looking at the ref to stop it but was still throwing his punches with plenty of zip on them. I dont think he really took it easy on ali but dont really blame him for it

Comment

He also crushed Trevor Berbick for him. This is common boxing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Cus schooling Ali in how to beat him.. right before Fraizer beat him.

Cus shows better movement in here at 1:10 than most fighters can show today.

And lol @Ali.. "Keep your camera movin cuz I'm kinna fast."
              This guy is truly the goat

amazing

Comment

I do not like Larry Holmes...

This Tyson show is pretty great. Mike is a really interesting guy. Im Big Tyson fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  I do not like Larry Holmes...

This Tyson show is pretty great. Mike is a really interesting guy. Im Big Tyson fan.
                  never liked holmes either. he was always so bitter and still is today. I can understand why hed be bitter earlier in his career but not today as he gets enough respect now

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Cus schooling Ali in how to beat him.. right before Fraizer beat him.

Cus shows better movement in here at 1:10 than most fighters can show today.

And lol @Ali.. "Keep your camera movin cuz I'm kinna fast."
                    If that was a regular youtube instructional all the comments would be laughing at the instructor for being a bit breathless.

Comment

My favorite part of Tyson - Holmes is when Larry comes out in round 4 bouncing and jabbing like he's the old Easton Assassin again. I mean really? As if that's going to intimidate Iron Mike?

Comment

Working...
                      X