No announcement yet.

mares chin is now shattered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mares chin is now shattered

just re-watched the gonzalez vs mares fight and the shot gonzalez hit abner with was a pin point missle and most chins don,t comeback after a shot like that.... mares may prove me and others wrong but, if whomever lands on the right side of that chin and mares do a dance then we know his career may just be over... if you can,t take a punch in boxing then you might aswell start training other fighters... I believe that mares is rushing into the rematch but he,s thinking johnny just got lucky... he,s probably gonna underestimate him again and take a beating in the rematch... are there any true boxing fans that saw that ridiculous lefthook that johnny hit mares with and think his chin will be the same??? comment???

I like Mares, but Jhonny has his number. Abner is going to get knocked out again

Comment

As they say, the chin becomes worse the more it gets tapped. Agree with everything you said.

Comment

That was hard to watch. I wanted to see how far Mares could go, but that was a pretty devastating knockout loss. And he was a huge favorite. Remember how Khan raced out to that nice unbeaten record and was on his way to being a star? Then came that first round KO? We all know what has happened since with Khan. One can only wonder if Mares will go down the same path.

Comment

Mares got hit with some serious thunder. Hope he bounces back.

Comment

I wouldn't say his chin is shattered. It was powerful punch but it didn't seem like one of those career ending KOs like the ones Williams or Hatton received. You can't compare it to Khan's either. Garcia hit Khan with several hard flush punches after the initial KD. Khan might have been a little too brave for his own good that night because the ones after the KD probably sealed his downfall. I would wait and see how Mares bounces back before I write him off. He definitely needs to work on defense and stay away for Gonzalez in the mean time.
            Last edited by HarvardBlue; 09-01-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

His head snapped. Was too loose. Need to keep that chin tucked and tight. Fight never materialized so you don't really know if Gonzalez would have been outboxed.

Comment

after the first knockdown mares was just tapped by a punch johnny threw that seems to had nothing of great force on it but mares right side where it hit seemed to be very sensitive...lol... won,t know if his chin is trash now but, once he,s hit then we,ll see... I don,t know any boxer that was hit that hard and chin was the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I like Mares, but Jhonny has his number. Abner is going to get knocked out again
                  He got hit with good left hook that is all. Hes been hit plenty if times with the left hook as an amateur and as a pro. i guess they all had his number

Comment

I was just glad that one of the most protected fighters in the ring got his. Dude got away with so many low blows it was disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                    X