Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Wladimir Klitschko's 2008 win over Tony Thompson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is two ways of showing your greatness. Either you can beat down a fighter so bad, that he is never the same again. Or perhaps he even retires afterwards.

OR, they do great after you beat them, going on to win a few more meaningful fights, making your win even better on paper. Clearly, the former doesn't work as any challenger to Klischko's titles is deemed a bum if they go on a big losing streak afterwards. So, this is all around good for Wlad.

But it can also be bad as Thompson eliminated one Big-Guy that he could've fought down the line and exposed him personally. Oh well, there is still Fury (if Haye doesn't take care of him) and Wilder.

Comment

And I voted for the wrong option in that poll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Do you think Thompson is the US's No.1 HW? The general impression is that the US fans don't seem to like him and they rarely talk about him as being their best. He was even talking about getting a UK promoter and fighting over here.
        I would probably say so. I'd rate him ahead of Wilder, Mitchell and Jennings. I actually think Malik Scott would probably beat Thompson because he wouldn't think of standing in front of him trading. But just based on accomplishments, I think that Thompson has to be #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          TS had Price winning today's fight going away for the record.

Now he wants to prop Thompson up to make Klitschko look better.

Talk about switching up your agenda without missing a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
            How good was Wladimir Klitschko's 2008 win over Tony Thompson?

I remember saying at the time it was a very good and underrated win, because Thompson is very strong and durable, and has a tricky southpaw style.
            Not as good as when Lamont Brewster Ko'd him even though he was half his size. And then when Wald claimed he was poisoned as an excuse for getting KTFO well that was just priceless

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Well it's not hard to see your agenda, you're more bitter than Frank Warren when it comes to British and European fighters.
              Your post might make sense if Klitschko wasn't my favorite fighter and Froch my 2nd.

I rated Tony Thompson as a great win all along. Unlike Freedom I knew how good he was before he beat Price twice and picked him to win both fights and won nearly $2000 in the process.

I just think it's a joke that Freedom thought Tony sucked so bad he couldn't even beat a pitiful bum like Price but then goes out and turns his horrible ability at judging HW talent into a pro Klitschko thread.

This thread is a joke.

Comment

Wouldn't call it "meaningful" but very good accurately describes it. It's also Wlad's toughest fight of his reign, IMO. I voted fairly decent just because of the word meaningful. It's somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  Not as good as when Lamont Brewster Ko'd him even though he was half his size. And then when Wald claimed he was poisoned as an excuse for getting KTFO well that was just priceless
                  See this is the perfect example of how fuckin desperate and stupid those haters are

Every opponent Klitschko has faced was called a bum, cab driver etc. Last night proved that their competition is not as horrible as some delusional morons on here claim to be. Klitschkos are just that good. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                    See this is the perfect example of how fuckin desperate and stupid those haters are

Every opponent Klitschko has faced was called a bum, cab driver etc. Last night proved that their competition is not as horrible as some delusional morons on here claim to be. Klitschkos are just that good. Deal with it.
                    When Roy Jones was fighting cops and trash collectors they viewed it as greatness cause he looked pretty in doing so. Boxing is all favoritism, all boxers will never be held to the same standards unfortunately.

Comment

Fairly Decent.

Tony Thompson has only ever beaten ONE top ten fighter.

Wladamir has better wins than TT

Comment

Working...
                      X