No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is going to **** Rios up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
    Im not a fan of this fight. Rios has the type of style that will get him seriously hurt in a fight like this.
    I wanna see Pac shine again but the bold has crossed my mind....I wish Rios well....I have a feeling this is gonna be brutal

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Really going out on a limb here..
      lol

Although I would agree had he not gotten ko'd (I can't say right now), as it stands, I don't think it's that simple. If I may just say what I've been thinking since this fight was announced...I THINK and this is only speculation, he has to get back to TRAINING the way he once did. At this stage of his career I don't believe it'll be as simple as 'well, that guys tailor made for him.'

I'm talking about going back to Ariza's training regimen (and I'm not making a ped joke). According to Ariza they haven't committed to the program since Margarito and it has showed over time, in my eyes at least. We see the stylistic difference some of these guys have made, and I'm sure age and wear and tear played it's part, but on the surface, since dropping the program Manny's explosiveness has diminished some, as has his stamina and more importantly to me his balance in the ring has gotten pretty bad. Versus Bradley and especially Marquez 4 his legs and body control was very unimpressive. I could be over thinking it, but it's a matter of, if the formula worked, why go away from it?

I partly blame Freddie. Some of the comments he's made in the last few years indicate he's jealous of the credit Ariza was getting and insisted Manny doesn't need Ariza to get into shape, and maybe he had something to do with Manny not using Alex for much of the camps (other than stretching). Point is, it's hard for me to predict this fight with confidence given the knockout but if Manny gets back to doing things the way he used to, I'd favor him to win a decision simply because that regimen hasn't proved wrong yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Really going out on a limb here..
        Actually he is. There's no telling what Pacquiao will look like coming back from the type of brutal KO that he suffered. Rios is going to get hit but so is Pacquiao. Nobody can say how he'll react to being hit until he actually get hit.

Comment

Also wanted to point out - when it comes to Pacquiao fights, it seems like no matter how many times he under performs technically, ko predictions for clottey, margarito, mosley, marquez 3, people (granted many with agenda) continue to make these predictions. I mean if he doesn't destroy Rios, at what point will people come out and be like, "I don't know **** about boxing." I always look forward to it and I never get it

Comment

If Manny is even a tenth of what he was he will destroy Rios.

I will not at all be surprised if he Hattons Rios who is nothing but a damn punchbag.

I can not for the life of me see Rios even having any remote success.

Yes hes lost a step or two and may have lost a further step in his K.O loss but he should have plenty too much for Rios. I can't think of a single fighter more made for Pacquaio.

I'll take a 60yr old Pac over Rios, real talk.

Comment

You sound like a clown.

Comment

If Pac doesn't slaughter this guy, he should retire the second the fight ends. Pac doesn't have to be anywhere near prime to put a career-ender on Rios.

Comment

Working...
                X