Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    wow, even floyd mayweather jr.'s, diehard fans, go to great lengths to excuse him out of high risk, high reward fights, and proctect his zero...lol
    He definitely should not be expected to fight Sergio at 160. It's even very rare for great fighters to challenge very good opponents at a big weight disadvantage from what I have seen.

Sergio has never even seriously suggested that the fight should be at 160

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      The idea of Floyd getting the lineal championship at 160 is great and all, but is entirely unrealistic. Martinez offered 154 for Floyd. I don't think Sergio will be able to make 154 without killing himself and at 160 I think he dispatches Floyd with ease. What are we even left with, Sergio's lineal on the line at a 155 cw?

I've wanted this fight for years, but it is not very feasible. It is pretty much lose-lose-lose for Floyd (but what isn't with the tard legion around the last few years). Fight Martinez at 154 for Floyd's titles? Sergio was drained. Fight at 160? Floyd gets hammered. Fight at 155 cw? Hurrrr catchweight, martinez drained.

Lose. Lose. Lose.
      Spot on post mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
        Wtf is this thread.

Floyd came from a midget division. Sergio is a natural 154-160 fighter.

Leave Floyd the hell alone. This guy was weighting at like 130 baby style.
        You want him to fight at 160 now?

Admit it.. yOU guys just want to see him get 'mayweathered' so we can create a super photoshop of Floyd and Manny together.
        no...folks want to see him take a risk, fight somebody where the outcome isn't already predetermined...

lets face it...cotto and mosley, leaving out the who ducked who rhetoric, were not the best versions that mayweather could have fought...ortiz is so dense, that he couldn't keep his hands up, and marquez looked like a midget next to floyd...the young guns, as good as they look fighting mediocre comp, just don't have the experience to beat floyd, so yeah move up and fight sergio martinez, and give the fans a high stakes fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar
          Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe

The idea of Floyd getting the lineal championship at 160 is great and all, but is entirely unrealistic. Martinez offered 154 for Floyd. I don't think Sergio will be able to make 154 without killing himself and at 160 I think he dispatches Floyd with ease. What are we even left with, Sergio's lineal on the line at a 155 cw?

I've wanted this fight for years, but it is not very feasible. It is pretty much lose-lose-lose for Floyd (but what isn't with the tard legion around the last few years). Fight Martinez at 154 for Floyd's titles? Sergio was drained. Fight at 160? Floyd gets hammered. Fight at 155 cw? Hurrrr catchweight, martinez drained.

Lose. Lose. Lose.

Spot on post mate.
          [Floyd]size doesn't win fights, skills do and Floyd is the most skilled boxer today, that's why he beat lightweight Marquez [/stans]

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
            He definitely should not be expected to fight Sergio at 160. It's even very rare for great fighters to challenge very good opponents at a big weight disadvantage from what I have seen.

Sergio has never even seriously suggested that the fight should be at 160
            yeah but that should be all the more reason why he should do something, that nobody else has done imo...and isn't this the same mayweather, who loves to crow about how nobody gives him credit, that he's better than ali, srl, srr, etc. etc., because these guys lost fights?...

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
              [Floyd]size doesn't win fights, skills do and Floyd is the most skilled boxer today, that's why he beat lightweight Marquez [/stans]

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Damn please learn how to quote and post.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                no...folks want to see him take a risk, fight somebody where the outcome isn't already predetermined...

lets face it...cotto and mosley, leaving out the who ducked who rhetoric, were not the best versions that mayweather could have fought...ortiz is so dense, that he couldn't keep his hands up, and marquez looked like a midget next to floyd...the young guns, as good as they look fighting mediocre comp, just don't have the experience to beat floyd, so yeah move up and fight sergio martinez, and give the fans a high stakes fight...
                Mayweather would lose against Martinez at 160 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                  Mayweather would lose against Martinez at 160 though.
                  mayweather, would certainly be the underdog, i wouldn't go as far as to say he would definitely lose...

Comment

• Still none of the people riding this "Martinez at 160lbs or nothing" train can't answer why Pacquiao was so easily excused when refusing to fight Cotto at 154lbs (yes, the fighter he already destroyed and Top Rank were the ones offering the fight.... with a catchweight again). It was brushed away with: "Pacquiao said he doesn't want to, so it's ok with me".

But Mayweather must must MUST fight the number one at middleweight because no other fight is worth talking about? So basically Mayweather is just too good for anyone at 160lbs or below except Martinez, right? Are those same people pushing for this saying that Mayweather is that damn good? High praise indeed.

Comment

• Mayweather would be the underdog against Ward, Adamek or Wlad Klistchko. Should he fight them too?

Comment

Working...
                      X