Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    We're gonna look back on today as the day that fmj was forced to retire from the sport of boxing in shame and all his accomplishments are now declared null and void

I just want the truth so I'm emailing Dan Rapheal, Steve Kim and Elie Seckback a link to this story to see if they can do more research on the topic
    Right, because Im sure they're clueless to this article right now.

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      anonymous sources are the lifeblood of journalism. that's how the stories break without people being fired.

if a journalist like hauser vouches for a source he's putting his rep and his career on the line. for most boxing journalists that doesn't mean much. they don't even go to college. but for hauser that is a huge deal. he's a well paid writer with decades in this game. he's not going to put that on the line idly.
      anonymous sources are not equal to rumors. its not the same thing at all. a source is a source. a rumor, by its definition is not in fact a source. it does no hold up to journalistic integrity. and dont tell me anything about hausers reputation, im aware of who he is. im still waiting for this whole proof that he supposedly had on dlh juicing as well. never came out either. if u are gonna go after ppl, at least go after them with legit sources and docs.

Comment

that's the rub, and that's why this is such a huge deal. this is not some moms basement reporter.

this is thomas hauser, one of the top dogs in the game. maybe the top dog.

he's probably nervous as hell right now, but he's not jumping into this idly. i'm sure he's prepared to go to war for this one, or else he would have never hit that send button on his email,
        but he isn't a journalist here he is an online writer so for anyone to say that the ethics of journalism that newspaper reporters have applies here isn't true. There is a reason this article as written would NEVER be in a newspaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Respectfull, your assumption is its journalism. its not, its online content. there is no journalistic ethics like this was a newspaper.

Its like ESPN. we all get annoyed that espn doesn't report news but they are an entertainment sports programming network. the word journalism doesn't appear.

hauser is a print writer, though

just because he's not writing for a newspaper does not exclude him from the same level of journalistic integrity.

he's a professional journalist and author. that's what he does for a living, unlike most of the boxing "writers," who don't even get paid and are uneducated .

hauser went to columbia... dude's a professional.

Comment

• Stories like these make me feel like i cant trust anyone. Though the story is just a rumor for now it would be a real shocker if it where all true or even some of it. Makes you wonder if the were past greats who never got caught. Just imagine if SRL had been dopping and no one will ever find out about it? I have a feeling all of this is going to get swept under the rug coz if and i say if any of this is true theres too much to loose for everyone involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              but he isn't a journalist here he is an online writer so for anyone to say that the ethics of journalism that newspaper reporters have applies here isn't true. There is a reason this article as written would NEVER be in a newspaper.
              don't matter what medium he uses. In the boxing world he is highly respected.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                True, I mean if THEY... HIRE... Usada, then maybe they can put their own terms of what THEY want as a promotional company.

For example, if one of our fighters tests positive, then you notify us... and it ends there.

They are working for the companies paying them... not "boxing".
                Yes, this is correct. Part of the sad thing is, many users of this forum don't even bother to really read articles published on this website even when it's information coming directly from the horse's mouth.

BoxingScene.com: What kind of results, in detail, can VADA release publicly when a fighter tests positive, or even when a fighter is negative for everything?

Goodman: “We do not release results unless the athlete asks us to. We are just a testing organization that facilitates the testing. That is not our role. The role is up to the athletic commission or the fighter or the promotional entity. It’s just like when you have any medical tests done. Those results are leaked to you. We are not the agency that is supposed to release results, per se, unless the athlete asks us to.

“VADA gives the result to whomever the athlete might request us to, but they [the results] also go to the athletic commission where the fighter is either pending a license or holds a license; they go to the Association of Boxing Commissions; they go to FightFax; and then whomever else the athlete asks us to release them to. It’s up to them to release the results or to act on those results.”

BoxingScene.com: USADA has released dates and results for its testing. I haven’t seen that kind of information from VADA beyond 1) when a fighter tests positive or, 2) when all the tests have come back, and there’s a summary on your website saying, in essence, “Shane Mosley and Canelo Alvarez have completed their VADA testing.” Will there be more information provided in terms of dates and results for each test?

Goodman: “If the athlete requests it.”

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  dude, all of those started with sources and leaks. not rumors. smh. the fact that u are sitting here saying they did means u need to read more news and less tabloids. the journalists who broke those stories did not preface them on the fact that they heard some rumors. they had anonymous sources with info. just stop it, u are wrong. very wrong in fact.
                  The Lewinsky scandal started on 'The Drudge Report' based on rumors reported by 'Newsweek' editors, which were originally dug up by Michael Isikoff.

Look it up.

'The National Enquirer' first broke the news of the Edwards scandal on October 10th, 2007, without naming a source.

Look it up.

There are other examples, but I'm not going to bother wasting my time tracking down every specific anonymous source and the dates in which they went public.

The bottom line here is something New England already said earlier : That rumor is the true lifesblood of honest journalism.

Ask any journalist.

Comment

hauser is a print writer, though

just because he's not writing for a newspaper does not exclude him from the same level of journalistic integrity.

he's a professional journalist and author. that's what he does for a living, unlike most of the boxing "writers," who don't even get paid and are uneducated .

hauser went to columbia... dude's a professional.
                    Agree but again it doesn't matter where he went to school or what he used to do, this is online content that, to my knowl;edge, has not been submitted to a newspaper. If he is not writing for a newspaper to say the journalistic ethic applies to the writing simply isn't true.

Hauser may be 100% correct. But to say he has to follow the same standard as when he was submitting articles for a newspaper is simply incorrect. The editor and the legal team wouldn't let something like this be printed without corroborating the whole story.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      a certified journalist who writes an article based on rumors. gotcha. no matter how u slice it, thats hack journalism. if u think not, i suggest u ask any jourlaist worth a damn if its ok to write a fact based article and then premise it on a rumor without citing a source, even if that source be anonymous. im really surprised ppl think its ok to write like that.
                      It's not based on a rumor. It's based on a actual source of Montoya's.

"Montoya, as previously noted, has written a number of articles on the use of PEDs in boxing. On May 20, 2012, a source with extensive knowledge in the area of drug testing told him he believed Floyd Mayweather had tested positive on three occasions for performance-enhancing drugs and that, in each instance, the test results had been covered up by Golden Boy and USADA."

Comment

Working...
                      X