Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did people get mad bout Calzaghe clowing Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Roy's opponent was undefeated at the time he clowned him.

Everyone knows when Roy fought Joe, Roy was well passed his prime. Look at how Roy is moving against James Toney, then look how stationary he is against Joe. Night and day; two different fighters.

BTW, who ever got mad at Joe for showboating against Jones? I know I didn't. Heck, Roy was showboating himself. No one ever got mad at that. It's just no one will really give Joe credit for that win because that wasn't the Roy that made Roy Jones a household name in there.
    do you even know the guys name he was clowning??did he ever accomplish anything?

Comment

Because the video isn't in black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Because the video isn't in black and white.
        great point.............

Comment

people think it's racist

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
            do you even know the guys name he was clowning??did he ever accomplish anything?
            Why don't you post the .gif where Jones clowned Toney then knocked him down?

Oh wait, are you calling Toney a cab driver?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
              different eras.different divisions man
              Okay well if you want to compare different fighters around the same weight in the same era's based on ages, which is ridiculous, than here's some.

Miguel Cotto at 30 to Manny Pacquiao at 30.......completely different stages of their careers, around the same weight class at those times.

Antonio Margarito at 32 to Floyd Mayweather at 32.......completely different stages of their career, around the same weight class at the time.

Sergio Martinez in his mid 30's to Jermian Taylor in his mid 30's right now.

Different fighters age differently, and it's not fair to compare fighters at ages, given they age differently.

No one cares about the clowning, so I don't even know what the point of this thread was. Joe just doesn't get any credit because Roy was like 8 years removed from his prime and around 5 years removed from being any good at all.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 06-23-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

By the way, Larry you've been on a crusade lately, what's up???

Comment

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/297886/r...the-back-o.gif

Larry, I'm so glad you found a gif of this. I've been looking for this....

IMO, this is the greatest 3-4 seconds ever. Who in the history of boxing has ever put both hands behind their back then knocked the dude out with the next punch? Boxing is a old ass sport. Over 100 years old. Who has ever done this?

This is folk hero, greek mythology character type stuff here. If not for video of this, 200 years from now, people would've never believed that this was ever done.

It's funny because I remember seeing Mayweather trying to clown Bruseles. Even a prime Floyd couldn't toy with his opponents like Roy did. That's a fact.

Thanks for bringing this to light, Larry. Love you man.

Comment

Because his showboating was about as impressive as me beating ali in a fight today.

If he could do it to a prime roy jones fair ****s to him but we all know he would get ktfo.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      http://www.gifsoup.com/view/297886/r...the-back-o.gif

Larry, I'm so glad you found a gif of this. I've been looking for this....

IMO, this is the greatest 3-4 seconds ever. Who in the history of boxing has ever put both hands behind their back then knocked the dude out with the next punch? Boxing is a old ass sport. Over 100 years old. Who has ever done this?

This is folk hero, greek mythology character type stuff here. If not for video of this, 200 years from now, people would've never believed that this was ever done.
                      It's funny because I remember seeing Mayweather trying to clown Bruseles. Even a prime Floyd couldn't toy with his opponents like Roy did. That's a fact.

Thanks for bringing this to light, Larry. Love you man.
                      I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X