No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana: Erik Morales Should Fight Me, Or Shut Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana: Erik Morales Should Fight Me, Or Shut Up

WBA "regular" junior welterweight champion Marcos Maidana was very surprised when he saw a recent report on BoxingScene.com, where WBC champion Erik Morales ruled out the possibility of a rematch in December. Morales' decision surprised Maidana because the Mexican veteran has been pushing for a rematch since their April war in Las Vegas, which saw Maidana win a close decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

lol maidana doesn't say any of this stuff - it's his handlers. . . I doubt Maidana even gives approval before they say some of this stuff. . . he probably just told them to do whatever they think is best to get him fights, and in turn, money. . . you can tell maidana is the silent, no-nonsense type - he;s not a talker.

Comment

Maidana just got owned, lol!

Now that Morales got a strap he doesn't need Maidana anymore. Haha!!!!!

Comment

maidana mirin.

Comment

So why did Maidana turn down the Morales fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            So why did Maidana turn down the Morales fight?
            Morales called him out after the decision loss, and Maidana didn't want the rematch, because of money reasons (he priced himself out). Then they offered him to fight on the Sucker Puncher card instead of Cano, but under the same terms (in other words, for peanuts). Now Morales has a strap, he doesn't need Maidana anymore! Hilarious turn of events! I like Maidana, but that self ownage of his is too apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
              Morales called him out after the decision loss, and Maidana didn't want the rematch, because of money reasons (he priced himself out). Then they offered him to fight on the Sucker Puncher card instead of Cano, but under the same terms (in other words, for peanuts). Now Morales has a strap, he doesn't need Maidana anymore! Hilarious turn of events! I like Maidana, but that self ownage of his is too apparent.
              I doubt he wouldve got the same purse as Cano. Probably the same purse as Mathysse which wouldve been fine. Either way, if he won the world title, it leads to even bigger purses. Too many fighters these days just want to be handed paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I doubt he wouldve got the same purse as Cano. Probably the same purse as Mathysse which wouldve been fine. Either way, if he won the world title, it leads to even bigger purses. Too many fighters these days just want to be handed paydays.
                Same as Cano. They had the financial structure already set up 10 days before the card, and couldn't change it anymore. That's why Maidana refused. But still, calling out Morales now is a bit late.... I'd not be surprised if Maidana accepts whatever they offer for the Mccloskey fight.

Comment

Maidana is a paper champion.

Who did he beat to get that WBA Belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    you forgot the part about him having already sold thousands of tickets in his hometown and he would be canceling on 1 weeks notice. Thats a terrible way to treat the people who support you the most.

Morales was talk all that **** but now that there both free the ball is in his court. I don't think he wants none of Maidana again. Maidana won't over respect him this time around.

Comment

Working...
                    X