Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz not so kind words from Mosley and Oscar...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    Silencers Cotto and Ortiz are two different animals...Cotto took a hell of alot more punishment off of Tony The Cement Mixer Margarito that night then ortiz did off of Maidana....If you look at the final knockdown I didn't see single punch pand I saw something to the body but it looked more like a push then a punch. he slid to his knees and got right up. He clearly could have continued and fought on. When I watch the Cotto magarito fight it looks to me that Cotto was finished and all that was left for him was to be severly hurt if he tried to continue. He was busted up pretty bad in the face and much more to the body where it really counts in the late rounds. he had been on his bicycle all night and he ran out of gas. Two different fights for me and two different fighters....Also Cotto did the smart thing and never said what Ortiz said in his post fight interview. Cotto was so beat up he couldn;t do a post fight interview.....Two different things. To me Ortiz would have quit against Clottey if he were in Cotto's position....Lefty
    I know it was different, Cotto was beaten up pretty bad by that point by what could have been suspect wraps and you're right, he was smart to say he had enough weeks after the fight, the manner in which he fought in the past helps fans forgive him as well for taking those knees.

I thought the last knockdown was from an accumulation of shots as well as Ortiz just crumbling, Ortiz took maybe 3 or 4 right hands before he went down. Anyways, as I said, what he said in the interview was a promoter's nightmare but I don't think it's enough to bury him yet but if he does it again, then that's it for Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      I know it was different, Cotto was beaten up pretty bad by that point by what could have been suspect wraps and you're right, he was smart to say he had enough weeks after the fight, the manner in which he fought in the past helps fans forgive him as well for taking those knees.

I thought the last knockdown was from an accumulation of shots as well as Ortiz just crumbling, Ortiz took maybe 3 or 4 right hands before he went down. Anyways, as I said, what he said in the interview was a promoter's nightmare but I don't think it's enough to bury him yet but if he does it again, then that's it for Victor Ortiz.
      I don;t see a problem with what Cotto did in the margarito fight. I never saw it as quitting. I think the man was drianed physically and the reff should have stopped it because he could no longer protect himself. Ortiz was totally different. I don't know or I haven't seen the interview you are speaking of about Cotto but I am pretty sure Cotto didn;t say anything like I am not about to lay down for anybody blah blah blah...And laugh and act like some air headed surfer dude....kawabunga man i aint going down for no body blah blah blah.....Honestly I don;t see why GBP would want to salvage or invest any more money in that dudes carrer he seems dumber then a bag of rocks....Lefty

Comment

I believe ortiz will learn from this he's still young and can still come out at the top

Comment

I don;t see a problem with what Cotto did in the margarito fight. I never saw it as quitting. I think the man was drianed physically and the reff should have stopped it because he could no longer protect himself. Ortiz was totally different. I don't know or I haven't seen the interview you are speaking of about Cotto but I am pretty sure Cotto didn;t say anything like I am not about to lay down for anybody blah blah blah...And laugh and act like some air headed surfer dude....kawabunga man i aint going down for no body blah blah blah.....Honestly I don;t see why GBP would want to salvage or invest any more money in that dudes carrer he seems dumber then a bag of rocks....Lefty
          I don't really have a problem with what either one of them did, Cotto or Ortiz, we weren't in their shoes. Yeah, it looked like Ortiz quit but I won't bash him for it because I can understand why he did it, I think too much emphasis is placed nowadays on being a warrior. Even though what he said in the interview wasn't pleasing to the fans or to his promoter, it made sense. He's a young guy with his future ahead of him, he can live to fight another day and as he said, talk well when he gets older.

Yes he can come across as immature sometimes but I don't really think he's dumb or anything like that. I actually think he uses that immaturity and carefree demeanor as a defense mechanism honestly because of all the stuff that's happened to him throughout his life. He has a good personality that fans will still like even after this though, in the ring is where he has to make amends to the fans because he pissed off a lot of people with what he said.

Comment

Check out the post-presser if you haven't already. At 11:50 when Ortiz was being asked about what happened at the end, DLH quickly jumps in and says that he wanted (or was willing) to continue and then Schaefer goes on about how the doctor made a great decision not allowing it continue. They were obviously trying to cover up the reality of what happened.

http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/...aidanapost.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              I believe ortiz will learn from this he's still young and can still come out at the top
              You can never measure the size of someones heart and you can't teach someone courage...To me he lacks courage and the heart to overcome adversity...From what I read I am not the first person to say this....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                Check out the post-presser if you haven't already. At 11:50 when Ortiz was being asked about what happened at the end, DLH quickly jumps in and says that he wanted (or was willing) to continue and then Schaefer goes on about how the doctor made a great decision not allowing it continue. They were obviously trying to cover up the reality of what happened.

http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/...aidanapost.wmv
                I know, his tone and statements were totally different in the presser. I'm pretty sure DLH or Schaefer or Mosley, maybe even all 3 got on his case in the dressing room.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with what either one of them did, Cotto or Ortiz, we weren't in their shoes. Yeah, it looked like Ortiz quit but I won't bash him for it because I can understand why he did it, I think too much emphasis is placed nowadays on being a warrior. Even though what he said in the interview wasn't pleasing to the fans or to his promoter, it made sense. He's a young guy with his future ahead of him, he can live to fight another day and as he said, talk well when he gets older.

Yes he can come across as immature sometimes but I don't really think he's dumb or anything like that. I actually think he uses that immaturity and carefree demeanor as a defense mechanism honestly because of all the stuff that's happened to him throughout his life. He has a good personality that fans will still like even after this though, in the ring is where he has to make amends to the fans because he pissed off a lot of people with what he said.
                  Some things are better off left usaid Silencers....The fact is he chose a sport where you can get killed in the ring. it is what it is fighters know what they risk when they step through those ropes and fans expect the very best they have to offer. Even if that means to go out on your shield and come back to fight another day....Tony The Cement Mixer Margarito even though he shamed himself with the wraps he still cameout in that last round and took his lumps like a man from Shane and went out on his shield. I truly think Ortiz got hurt but he could have continued or atleast tried too....I respect you view Siliencers but you can't convince me other wise about this kid....Lefty

Comment

Some things are better off left usaid Silencers....The fact is he chose a sport where you can get killed in the ring. it is what it is fighters know what they risk when they step through those ropes and fans expect the very best they have to offer. Even if that means to go out on your shield and come back to fight another day....Tony The Cement Mixer Margarito even though he shamed himself with the wraps he still cameout in that last round and took his lumps like a man from Shane and went out on his shield. I truly think Ortiz got hurt but he could have continued or atleast tried too....I respect you view Siliencers but you can't convince me other wise about this kid....Lefty
                    I don't really like what he said either but all I'm saying is that I get why he did it and it some way it makes sense.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

Victor Ortiz will NEVER be the star people thought he could be after this fight. He doesn't have the mentality. I compared him a little to Vargas but hell Vargas would never have gone out like that. The post fight interview showed that he doesn't have what it takes and at the press conference he was coached what to say. I've never really understood why people thought this guy was the next big thing. He has star quality as far as personality but as far as boxing he's pretty good but far from a star.

In his previous fights he was in their with guys that just couldn't handle his pressure. I've always thought his chin was questionable, although he did take some solid shots in the fight, his defense is pretty bad. Drops his hands too low and very poor head movement. offensively he has good power but subpar handspeed, especially at the elite level at 140-147.

That being said, if he would have boxed this guy he probably would have won. He didn't jab or go to the body at all. He needs to box because he's not a slugger. At least not against someone who's going to be able to take it and give it back. This guy didn't have a lot except a hard punch and was just about out of there himself after the last two KD. With his style, Ortiz is bound to get beat up in fights and he just doesn't look like he wants to be the type of warrior that could deal with that. Ortiz=Overhyped

Comment

Working...
                      X