Collapse
No announcement yet.

(video) comparing Pacquiao vs. Amir Khan's handspeed, since Roach brought it up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (video) comparing Pacquiao vs. Amir Khan's handspeed, since Roach brought it up

"amir khan has faster hands than pacquiao"

what do you think?

Handspeed is about more than just how fast you can move your hands. Pacquiao obviously is moving his hands more quickly in his warm up but most of the punches he throws are not real punches - i.e. not punches he'd throw in a fight. They're just warm up. Khan's warm up punches are the type you would throw in a fight. So this video is misleading.

Anybody can move their hands quickly. Pacquiao does not have a type of biology that means his nervous system works more quickly or his muscles (were you or I to train to the level he does) can contract more quickly.

Hand speed is about instinct and full body coordination. You need to plant your feet, push with your legs, angle your hips, twist your torso, turn your shoulders, extend your arms, rotate your wrist, and clench your fist all towards a single point of impact. Hand speed is about being able to do all that in a single motion - and accurately. Few can do it all in a fraction of a second, with power, and in combinations like Pacquiao or, according to Roach, Khan.

Comment

wow great video man. I dont see much difference in speed in that video but I definitely saw it in this video: 0.38-1:38. If Roach says Amir is faster than Amir is faster .

Comment

khan has faster jab and straights but pacquiao has faster combinations

my 2 cents

Comment

Khan is one of the quickest in the game at turning a straight into a hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
            Khan is one of the quickest in the game at turning a straight into a hook.
            Please don't EVER look at a pacman shadowbox session and comment on his speed. That is one of the dumbest things anyone could do. He isn't even throwing full punches with full extension of his arm.

The fact that ahmir can even fully extend his arms and match pacmans speed says ENOUGH.

Comment

2 headed monster from wildcard.

Comment

Khan is quicker, Manny is better.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  Please don't EVER look at a pacman shadowbox session and comment on his speed. That is one of the dumbest things anyone could do. He isn't even throwing full punches with full extension of his arm.

The fact that ahmir can even fully extend his arms and match pacmans speed says ENOUGH.
                  exactly, i could be fast as hell doing that too

Comment

Working...
                  X