No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Margarito: Cotto Will Target The Eye, We're Ready

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Margarito: Cotto Will Target The Eye, We're Ready

In an earlier article on BoxingScene.com, WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto made it clear that he plans to target the surgically repaired right eye of Antonio Margarito. The two boxers have been on a roller coaster ride for the last few days, while the New York State Athletic Commission was deciding the fate of Margarito's application for a boxing license.

[Click Here To Read More]

miguel is sending margarito straight 2 retirement

Comment

saw his eye on 24/7 didn't look to good. i have a bad feeling if that eye starts to get any kind damage (swelling/bleeding) during the fight they will stop it early.

if his eye holds up well during the fight i cant see Margarito losing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        In an earlier article on BoxingScene.com, WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto made it clear that he plans to target the surgically repaired right eye of Antonio Margarito. The two boxers have been on a roller coaster ride for the last few days, while the New York State Athletic Commission was deciding the fate of Margarito's application for a boxing license.

exactly what he has to do to win and stop marg. marg's eye wont hold up imo

Comment

With Margarito concerned about protecting his left eye will give Cotto more opportunities to throw his left hook to the body.

Comment

i swear cotto has read my posts!!! i said earlier cotto fought with "heart and soul"!

this isn't the first time a boxer has quoted me! mayweather quoted me when i said he got ortiz with that TWO PIECE . . . and the biscuit would have followed had ortiz not fallen straight the **** out. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Hell yea team cotto only hope is that eye, but it a blassing in disguised he will try to punish that eye and lack on the body work and again he will fold dealing with a full throttle Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                With Margarito concerned about protecting his left eye will give Cotto more opportunities to throw his left hook to the body.
                This is a good point here, like a poster above mentioned we should expect the referee to be looking pretty closely for damage and Marg is going to have to preserve it as long as he can....he may be able to see left hooks coming and cover up high but as u said, Cotto is still one of the best bodypunchers in boxing when he commits to it and Marg was hurt in his last fight to the body, so yea I'd love to see him do this instead of focusing soley on the eye.

the crowd is gonna be loud as ****t and the pressure is on......If he abandons whatever gameplan they've had for this and disregard whatever experience he learned from the first fight to just go after the eye exclusively.....what if it doesn't bust up like he thought it would?

Comment

Cheato has no defence so bye bye career cotto wins by tko

Comment

I just dont understand how Margo will defend his eye when his best defense is to catch those punches using his face while attacking his opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X