No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson

Luck....that's what it would have taken to beat a prime Mike Tyson. And chances of that are slim .....

[IMG][/IMG]

I love me some prime Tyson but prime Holyfield is his daddy 10 out 10 fights. End thread.

Comment

I'd take Ali, Foreman, prime Holmes, Holyfield, and Louis over Tyson without reservation. I'd pick Frazier, Lennox, and Liston though not with the same confidence as the others.

Tyson, even prime Tyson, was just too easy to clinch and many ATG heavyweights would take advantage of that by getting off and then grabbing Tyson before he could retaliate.

Comment

Great Video.

Tyson is, was, and always will be the man

Comment

John Goodman would destroy him in a hotdog eating and beer drinking contest.

Comment

nothing lucky about buster douglas handing Mike his ass

Comment

I think a prime Mike Tyson is a force of nature that mows anyone down, but a prime Tyson is really a fleeting dream, an idea that seemed like such a fine thing when it raged. His PPV's were an amazing delight as was his dedication to the sport while he had it. He just wasn't meant to be champ for very long. An amazing life was placed on two very unsteady shoulders, and in the end we see what the man was really made of.

The way his career ended after Douglas was a stain upon the sport and a blemish upon his character. But I think that's what makes boxing so epic, these men risk all and all too frequently lose all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                I think a prime Mike Tyson is a force of nature that mows anyone down, but a prime Tyson is really a fleeting dream, an idea that seemed like such a fine thing when it raged. His PPV's were an amazing delight as was his dedication to the sport while he had it. He just wasn't meant to be champ for very long. An amazing life was placed on two very unsteady shoulders, and in the end we see what the man was really made of.

The way his career ended after Douglas was a stain upon the sport and a blemish upon his character. But I think that's what makes boxing so epic, these men risk all and all too frequently lose all.
                Well written....

Comment

Working...
                X