Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Referring to a boxing scene article recently posted, Vitali comments on Haye's appearance on a reality show based in the jungle called I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:

“I know that Haye is currently in the jungle, because he's participating in a reality show. This is a proper place for him, he should also train over there”.

Just making a poll on this to gauge the general consensus as quite a few people have commented in the original thread that they found the statement to be racist.
    Yes, it was a racist statement
    18.60%
    No, it wasn't racist
    72.87%
    I'm not sure
    8.53%

There you go again, grasping at straws

Comment

dont think so..

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Referring to a boxing scene article recently posted, Vitali comments on Haye's appearance on a reality show based in the jungle called I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:

“I know that Haye is currently in the jungle, because he's participating in a reality show. This is a proper place for him, he should also train over there”.

Just making a poll on this to gauge the general consensus as quite a few people have commented in the original thread that they found the statement to be racist.
        It certainly could be construed that way though given that Vitali has never said anything like this in public before, I would be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

but that's just me.

Comment

this isnt even close to being racist

Comment

no. he's referring to classiness.

but then again, you never know...

Comment

What else would he mean by it? He could be reffering to Haye as an animal, which might be seen to some as a compliment, but we know he's not giving Haye a compliment. Basically, he called Haye a monkey in a nice way.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                It certainly could be construed that way though given that Vitali has never said anything like this in public before, I would be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

but that's just me.
                exactly.

it can no doubt be considered racist but it doesnt have to be, it could just be a poor choice of words. knowing vitali is a good and intelligent man i dont think he meant to be racist at all, in fact im sure of it.

Comment

nope not at all, you have to take Haye demeanor and mannerism and you will understand this statement.

I see nothing racist in it.

On the flip side is it only because haye is black that is seems racist to you?

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    What else would he mean by it? He could be reffering to Haye as an animal, which might be seen to some as a compliment, but we know he's not giving Haye a compliment. Basically, he called Haye a monkey in a nice way.
                    I think this is accurate

Comment

Working...
                    X