Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner: "At 23 I would have kicked Floyds Ass"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, Floyd at 23 fought a P4P BEAST in Diego Corrales whom he fucking DESTROYED.

So, NO.

Broner fights like Floyd TODAY not a Floyd 10-13 years ago when Floyd was an offensive AND defensive beast. Just Floyd's footwork alone at 23 would make Broner dizzy.

Broner's hilarious but just NO.

Comment

• What's up with this fool? I'm starting to really dislike this kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        This is nothing. Floyd said he's better than Leonard, Robinson, etc. but he still has a lot of respect for them. Actually, he only said that cause they're the best. So in his own ******ed way, he's just acknowledging the sports greats.

Broner is doing nothing different, he's acknowledging one of the greatest fighters by saying he could beat him or is better than him. How else can he draw attention to himself? Fighters can't keep saying they are better than Robinson, Leonard, and Ali, it gets old. You're going to start hearing up and comers saying they're better than Mayweather, Hopkins, Jones, Pacquiao.

Andre Ward should come out and say, I am better than Bernard Hopkins, and I could beat him in his prime.

Ward would never stoop to Broner's level.
        Last edited by UTEP; 10-11-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
          Broner just said this at the Demarco Press conference. NSB thoughts.....
          Floyd would make Broner comb Floyd Sr.'s hair after he embarrassed him in the ring.

Comment

• Come on........ Floyd didn't win a 'vacant' belt against a bum like Broner did. Floyd actually beat the reigning champion who is in the Hall of Fame right now, and that was when Floyd was 17-0 the next defences were against #1 contenders and fighter's that were ranked in the top 5. Floyd didn't act like he was God's gift to boxing either like Broner does right now. Floyd didn't start acting like that until he had the resume to back it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              A 23 year old version of Floyd would absolutely slaughter Broner (and I like the kid). As said before, Broner fights similar to Floyd in mid 30's, Floyd in his early to mid 20's was a ferocious beast. People forget how deadly his offensive arsenal was back then.
              Especially at 130.

Like I said in another thread, I can picture Floyd pounding on Broner like he did against Angel Manfreddy. Maybe not quite in the second round but at some point in the fight Broner would get assaulted badly and stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                Broner just said this at the Demarco Press conference. NSB thoughts.....

Back in his early 20's. Floyd dominated 130-135 with serious pop behind punches.
                Last edited by Ido; 10-10-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• wheres the press conference vid.............

Comment

• up next, Broner would beat a late 70's Duran too.....

I think a prime Mosley would whoop Bronito, and Floyd....

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
                      Come on........ Floyd didn't win a 'vacant' belt against a bum like Broner did. Floyd actually beat the reigning champion who is in the Hall of Fame right now, and that was when Floyd was 17-0 the next defences were against #1 contenders and fighter's that were ranked in the top 5. Floyd didn't act like he was God's gift to boxing either like Broner does right now. Floyd didn't start acting like that until he had the resume to back it up.
                      Carlos Alberto Ramon Rios, justin juuko, carlos gerena, and gregario vargas weren't exactly top fighters. floyd was the original berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X