No announcement yet.

Enough with crying over match making.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough with crying over match making.

You guys are suppose to be fight fans and boxing supporters right? Well for the first time in history. The boxers/ fighters are getting their just due... They are making more money and have more control of their careers now. For far two long, promoters been building up fighters and cashing them out and throwing them away like trash.

Ppl crap all of pbc. When in reality we need to embrace the new model. We are getting more boxing today and in the future. With pbc top rank golden boy HBO and showtime then ever. Boxing is getting more exposure more corporate dollars ad revenues. Which means less money spent on promoting. Which mean these guys don't have to go out there and fight to the death with top contenders every fight out and fight tooth and nail. So with that guys are gonna take some easy fights or fights for a pay check a nice size one, at that.

Look at all the greats of the late 80''s and early 90's. Those guys did fight everyone they did fight tooth and nail. While the promoters made top dollar. Not many of those guys had long careers or ended up set up financially. Many of them are broke and punch drunk even though they gave us so many great fights. Every training camp is hard ever fight is just that a fight. So if these new guys want to take some gimmes and steal a few pay checks I'm all for it. That's what makes boxing great bc a gimme fight can turn into a brawl or an upset or launch the career of the next great king.

So if these new guys want to take some gimmes and steal a few pay checks I'm all for it. That's what makes boxing great
    almost as good as my sig quote

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
      almost as good as my sig quote
      I seen what you did there. But that's why the all time greats hate floyd. Bc he started this new business model. To put the careers back into the hands of the fighters and they didn't have that luxury.

Comment

I'm sure haymon presents his guy with a list. So if I'm Garcia and the list breaks down like this.
        2.5m to fight Herrea
        3m for the Lucas rematch
        4m to fight maidana
        I fight Herrea first make the easy money.
        Prolly fight Lucas after. Then if a Maywather fight comes up I cash in on myself knowing I most likely will lose the reward is worth it. Everybody on here whines about it but will most likely due the same.

Comment

I personally prefer quality fights, not lots of rubbish ones.

You are not a real fan of the sport obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post

He's probably young and thinks there's some chance he'll be in their shoes some day. I don't know why else a "boxing fan" would praise lame fights/huge paychecks.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post

I prefer boxing period. Your not a real fan your a selfish prick. To not understand that these guys do have life and families after boxing to live. It's easy for you to say when you're not in the ring or in training camp and if you think the fight is gonna be rubbish don't watch no one forces you to. I hate when fights turn out to boring, but I could never fault a man for making a sound business decision either. The truth of the matter is, a lot of you guys don't get it. A large patch of boxing fans are cowards and chumps who have never played a sport or got into a single fight. So they have this sick twisted obsession of getting off living vicariously through guys who beat up other guys. So they wanna see blood and guts everytime. Go fck yourself bud.

Comment

I agree bro. It's savagery. Sign my petition to remove tackling from football. Some of you just want to drink beer and watch dumb jocks hurt each other. I look into a roided out linebackers eyes and see his sadness and want to kiss him.

Boxers don't need to be put in there with other boxers and risk injury when they can just gently knock over bums instead.
                Last edited by ////; 06-10-2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Fact is people are going to complain no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
                    He's probably young and thinks there's some chance he'll be in their shoes some day. I don't know why else a "boxing fan" would praise lame fights/huge paychecks.
                    Nope I'm 28 grew up in the Bay Area and the west side of Fresno. I have been fighting my whole life. We boxed everyday after school for fun until 10th grade when had the power to consistently knock each other out. I know what it feels like to get beat up. So I can never knock any dude who agree to fight for a living win lose or draw your gonna get hit and it's gonna hurt everytime. I'm not saying I'm for easy fights. I'm just saying I have no problem with a guy adding to his nest egg before he career is over.

Comment

Working...
                    X