No announcement yet.

We get boxing on free TV so whats all the complaints about PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    The "It's Free!" thing doesn't work. All PBC has done so far is kept countless great fights from happening, destroying the momentum of the sport.
    They destroy the momentum of there own fighters constantly.

Remember when people were hyped for fighters like Wilder, Santa Cruz, and Thruman? Where is there big fights at? Cruz/Mares was on ESPN for Christ sake and couldn't do big numbers.

Jacobs just came off his biggest win, what is PBC doing with him?

Not a god damn thing.

This sport, lives and dies with its stars! And I won't support Any promotional outfit, or network, that can't build them.
    Last edited by AddiX; 01-21-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      its pretty messed up how they all but ignored Rigo at 122 since beating Nonito....Quigg should have earned that belt in the ring

Bradley vs pac will be good

I'll check out the schedules soon
      Agree with the Rigo ( Big fan of his ) comment but think it has to do with his style, lack of fans and team behind him ,but I think the winner of Quigg/Frampton fights LSC if he beats Martinez which Im cool with

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        That's a shame. There's a couple good fights comin up on both sides IMO . Don't know how you could be a fan of a sport that doesn't seem to interest you most of the time because they way it's set up you can only expect a handful of really big fights a year. This was with or with out PBC
        It's not a shame, I've stuck with this sport for a long time, and I'm tired of the nonsense.

Haymon needs to go so this sport can repair itself before it's too late. I supported PBC when it came ou and hoped it Would be everything we hoped for.

It's not even close, and it seems extremely rare PBC or Haymon EVER give us a fight we asked for.

Comment

I think the major players such as HBO and PBC have realized you can no longer use perceived internet popularity as a method of gauging the viability of your product. Any assh0le on here could've told them that 10 years ago. HBO and Showtime are slow learners staffed by dinosaurs apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Agree with the Rigo ( Big fan of his ) comment but think it has to do with his style, lack of fans and team behind him ,but I think the winner of Quigg/Frampton fights LSC if he beats Martinez which Im cool with
            substance>style

that's the problem with some fans and media in this generation

they'll rather see a fighter knock out bums but a fighter who masters the art of hit and not get hit, which is what boxing is to the core and beat top guys, he is dubbed boring and gets no shine

I like to watch the best and study them....not really a rock em sock em robots type viewer, but I love a dust up

The best should be promoted as the best...that's why we have fighters like Gatti in the hall of fame but Eddie Booker who beat hall of famers and ATGs like Archie Moore, Holman Williams and others isn't in...that's pretty f'cked up if you ask me

the best should be rewarded for being the best just as much as fighters should be for putting on a good show

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              They destroy the momentum of there own fighters constantly.

Remember when people were hyped for fighters like Wilder, Santa Cruz, and Thruman? Where is there big fights at? Cruz/Mares was on ESPN for Christ sake and couldn't do bug numbers.

Jacobs just came off his biggest win, what is PBC doing with him?

Not a god damn thing.

This sport, lives and dies with its stars! And I won't support Amy promotional outfit, or network, that can't build them.
              Dude Fhurmans going to fight Porter that'll be huge for hardcore fans and LSC/Mares did like 1.6 million over 2miion if you include Espn deportes? Highest # on Espn in like 20 years and like I mention earlier LSC probably will be fighting the Frampton /Quigg winner that's a big fight the best fighting the best

As far as Jacobs it's been a little over month since he lit up Quillen give that some time

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You have the right to complain about a fight even if Haymon/Arum/GBP/K2 brought it to your front door and let you be the judge of the fight as well as the referee. But complain about all 4 of their match ups. The issue is that people say PBC sucks or whatnot, but a similar or worse fight happens on premium channel and you don't hear a peep.

Complaining about free match ups, but praising match ups that come with your paid sub that are the same or worse, sometimes even PPV with the same caliber fighters, and you jump up and down clapping for it. It makes no sense. Complain about both.
                I don't really complain about any match up. But if do it's not against a certain station or Network. I honestly didn't know what station Wilder vs Szplika was on because it doesn't matter to me until the fight is about to come on and I need to know what station to tune into.

If people do complain I don't care. I mostly responded to this thread because PBC isn't free and I thought TS should clarify that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  You have the right to complain about a fight even if Haymon/Arum/GBP/K2 brought it to your front door and let you be the judge of the fight as well as the referee. But complain about all 4 of their match ups. The issue is that people say PBC sucks or whatnot, but a similar or worse fight happens on premium channel and you don't hear a peep.

Complaining about free match ups, but praising match ups that come with your paid sub that are the same or worse, sometimes even PPV with the same caliber fighters, and you jump up and down clapping for it. It makes no sense. Complain about both.
                  that's exactly why I asked whats with all the moaning and groaning about PBC when there have been fights on prem tv and ppv that had the same caliber of fight as PBC

The 2000s had some pretty crappy PPV fights and nobody complained...they paid and watched.

im all for the sport getting all the exposure it can muster

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    We get to see the NBA and NFL on Free TV too, only difference is we see the best play the best more times than not.

I love Boxing being back on Network TV, but if we're not seeing the best fights made then it's a pointless venture.
                    I totally agree.

I mean there is some beers out there to drink that are dirt cheap and practically free. You prefer that over a paying for a quality beer.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      It's not a shame, I've stuck with this sport for a long time, and I'm tired of the nonsense.

Haymon needs to go so this sport can repair itself before it's too late. I supported PBC when it came ou and hoped it Would be everything we hoped for.

It's not even close, and it seems extremely rare PBC or Haymon EVER give us a fight we asked for.
                      Just think you set the bar too high for yourself.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      substance>style

that's the problem with some fans and media in this generation

they'll rather see a fighter knock out bums but a fighter who masters the art of hit and not get hit, which is what boxing is to the core and beat top guys, he is dubbed boring and gets no shine

I like to watch the best and study them....not really a rock em sock em robots type viewer, but I love a dust up

The best should be promoted as the best...that's why we have fighters like Gatti in the hall of fame but Eddie Booker who beat hall of famers and ATGs like Archie Moore, Holman Williams and others isn't in...that's pretty f'cked up if you ask me

the best should be rewarded for being the best just as much as fighters should be for putting on a good show
                      Great f.uckin Post

It's a joke how elite fighters get labeled boring or knocked for facing challenges where they don't look spectacular but the same media Jack off to a exciting fighter in a mismatch unless that fighter isn't liked then they do everything they can to let the world know it's a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X